Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
thats it u see it everyday mummy and daddy buying there kids a car and them writing it off coz they didnt work there butt off for it they didnt do 38 hour weeks and make the money they sat on their prissy high chairs and get rewarded with a brand new bmw then next week its written it off and mummy is buying them a better car

Is this why you started this thread? To spread your hatred for the richer classes?
What is money for? Why if you had the money would you make your kid toil through some $8/hr job flipping burgers(making some multinational rich)in order to save up for some pos, when you can get the something much safer and reliable and let them get on with the important things in life....like persuing an education etc.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Is this why you started this thread? To spread your hatred for the richer classes?
What is money for? Why if you had the money would you make your kid toil through some $8/hr job flipping burgers(making some multinational rich)in order to save up for some pos, when you can get the something much safer and reliable and let them get on with the important things in life....like persuing an education etc.

so, who paid for your first car? or are you just posting in here to troll for retaliatory responses?

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
so, who paid for your first car? or are you just posting in here to troll for retaliatory responses?

No, its not about me.....

I have put forward the very poignant question as to the motivation of the person that started the thread. Appears to me to be just wanting to foster his bitter, twisted resentment to those that he sees getting life dished out on a silver spoon.....was not that obvious? and indeed it set the seeds to discourage anyone into admitting that "mummy or daddy" helped finance their ride:http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/880929-post59.html
Perhaps a good enough reason to delete the thread.....Id of thought, justcomms not about spreading prejudices is it?
Perhaps just a poll would do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ha, I was talking to this 16 year old.

mummy and daddy bought her an R33 turbo skyline, which she ran straight into the back of another car, she blamed the other driver for stopping in the middle of the road.

anyway, mummy and daddy went and bought her another car, something less sporty, but newer, so just as expensive.

I don't get it.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
No, its not about me.....

I have put forward the very poignant question as to the motivation of the person that started the thread. Appears to me to be just wanting to foster his bitter, twisted resentment to those that he sees getting life dished out on a silver spoon.....was not that obvious? and indeed it set the seeds to discourage anyone into admitting that "mummy or daddy" helped finance their ride:http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/880929-post59.html
Perhaps a good enough reason to delete the thread.....Id of thought, justcomms not about spreading prejudices is it?
Perhaps just a poll would do.

no need to delete the thread. if you're not happy about a few people voicing their dislike for people who have expensive potential weapons given to them on a platter then close the window and ignore the thread. this is the internet, people cant hurt you(unless you let a few words get to you), so whats the fear in posting who bought your car? i did.

does it really matter why he started the thread? as opposed to questioning his motives, why not just tell us who paid for your car, and maybe a few points on why it was good for you either way. try it, maybe itll feel good.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I've bought all my own cars. When you have 7 siblings, you're not going to get much help from your parents. First car was a 1981 VC SL/E.
As for the guy who got a massive loan to buy a new car. I don't know why you're all bagging him for. I'm sure he works for his money, so if he wants to get a massive loan to buy a new car then that's his decision. If you think that saving up and paying for a car without finance makes you a hero then so be it. Maybe keep your self righteous comments to yourself.

ha, I was talking to this 16 year old.

mummy and daddy bought her an R33 turbo skyline, which she ran straight into the back of another car, she blamed the other driver for stopping in the middle of the road.

anyway, mummy and daddy went and bought her another car, something less sporty, but newer, so just as expensive.

I don't get it.

You don't sound jealous at all! If your parents offered to buy you a car would you decline for moral reasons? I think not! :whistling

666vt

[ no style ]
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive 3.8
i bought my first car.. a manual vl executive =D $800

then an auto vl $400

then my vt $5000

now im in debt and still on my red p's =D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I paid for my first car, did it up through school.

Turboed 13b RX2 was an insane 10 second weapon. Amazed I didnt die in that car, was made to go fast but always had stock brakes lol.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I paid for my first car, did it up through school.

Turboed 13b RX2 was an insane 10 second weapon. Amazed I didnt die in that car, was made to go fast but always had stock brakes lol.

Mine was a 20 second weapon. 253 V8 with traumatic 3 speed auto. Lots of noise but not much go! :yeah:

Nevyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan
I'm flat out doing my own cars, my older kids bought their own, my son has had a VH & 2 VL's....my daughter bought a 96 Dawoo :whistling....when I drive that I have to be careful crossing intersections, I call it the creeper because even putting the foot flat doesn't really help on take off....but I don't have to worry about her street racing or rapping herself around a pole, more worried about an idiot side swipping her as she crosses the intersections.