Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who put that pole there?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I hit my new gate a few weeks back and I am the idiot who put the pole there that the gate was on :rolleyes:
lucky enough the Prussian steel color does not show where I hit it very well.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Bugger.....

Reverse sensors working?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
got my GTS front bar caught on one of those small foot high electricity boxes on a front lawn when i first go it, tore the bar out of its mounts and little crease on one side... but since it was damaged thought maze well lower it now dont have to worry bout scraping front bar anymore

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

Spewing, more that spewing !,
I can relate to this post,
I revered into a Concrete support, reversing sensors were working ok,
being a bit p____d off with a couple of phone calls I received, just before getting the car, took my concentration away [I wasn't on the phone either] and subconsciously wasn't listening to the reversing sensors, as I was thinking about the calls I received, and backed into a concrete pillar in the basement of a car park. :mad:
Then a couple of days later, I jack-knifed my trailer :mad:, to avoid holding up traffic in the street I was reversing out in to.
So I was a bit P____d off for a few days.
Just waiting for some DH on his phone to run into the back of me to get it fixed ;)
As I have had a couple of nudges on the tow bar already, with people of their phones [aka: Phonies]
Towbars, the best insurance for your rear end, for when your sitting at the lights, otherwise, my rear bumper cover would of been repaired a few times by now. ;)

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Towbars, the best insurance for your rear end, for when your sitting at the lights, otherwise, may rear bumper cover would of been repaired a few times by now. ;)

I was hit in the rear by a young woman on the phone while I was waiting at the traffic lights in my VS Clubsport in George Street, Sydney.

A busy area with lots of stop and start traffic so why wouldn’t she be paying attention is beyond me.

I watched it all in my rear view mirror and she didn’t know I was sitting there until she hit me.

I got out, had a look at the damage and thought to myself what a mess my towbar had made of the front of her Honda.

Her front bar was laying on the pavement and my car had nothing more than a couple of scuff marks on the rear bumper.

When I took the Clubby in to have it fixed under her insurance it was written off because the boot pan was buckled.

It felt and seemed to drive okay but when you lifted up the carpet you could see and feel the ripple in the floor.

One dead HSV because of an old shitbox Honda Civic with an idiot behind the wheel.

Still I put another towbar on the replacement car as they do work well if the other car just bumps you.

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I was hit in the rear by a young woman on the phone while I was waiting at the traffic lights in my VS Clubsport in George Street, Sydney.

A busy area with lots of stop and start traffic so why wouldn’t she be paying attention.

I watched it all in my rear view mirror and she didn’t know I was sitting there until she hit me.

I got out, had a look at the damage and thought to myself what mess my towbar made of the front of her Honda.

Her front bar was laying on the pavement and my car had nothing more than a couple of scuff marks on the rear bumper.

When I took the Clubby in to have it fixed under her insurance it was written off because the boot pan was buckled.

It felt and seemed to drive okay but when you lifted up the carpet you could see and feel the ripple in the floor.

One dead HSV because of an old shitbox Honda Civic with an idiot behind the wheel.

Still I put another towbar on the replacement car as they do work well if the other car just bumps you.

Same happened to me in Secret Harbour, WA waiting at a stop sign, but my neck hurt since the impact transferred from the tow bar on my VY into my body. No damage to my car though. The girl behind me had a very damaged shitbox, which made me feel slightly better, especially since she was unhurt. I didn't make a claim since I felt she had learnt her lesson already.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Does pouring boiling water over indentations like this still pop them out?
definitely going to try it, plastic though not sure if it'll work.

I'm getting a towbar today:(

Nope the sensor didn't go off even though it's right next to it. Fairly thin pole though.

Sorta has popped out already but the paint is damaged more so as well. They say never fix a plastic bumper so probably get a new one when the time comes. Wait for a rear ender might get a rear dash as well to chase the culprit.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
One dead HSV because of an old shitbox Honda Civic with an idiot behind the wheel. .

Your bad experience has highlighted some of the forum comments recently about seemingly small degrees of damage resulting in controversy about what is, or is not a write-off.