Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who says Price rises are all about V8's

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Just when we thought it was just about V8's .....................then there is this !

Personally I think he's dreaming, but fact is the VS is gradually creeping up in price, but only if they are a good example. This one certainly is but he claims that the price is driven by the fact it has been in the same family since new, I call BS on that as yes it's a lovely story but that doesn't wildly add money to the sale price of a vehicle, it just helps the sale process along I always say.

What do all you guys think ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Just for when the listing expires, here's a screen shot of the listing.

Screenshot(44).png

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I've no idea about prices for these, but it looks very clean and tidy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah he is a bit overpriced I think. But did you see VSL the ePrey link I posted with a single mirror asking near on 500 bucks?

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
I have been looking at cars (mainly holdens) over the last week or so and most prices have increased by a good 40 to 50%.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Especially any red 2002 VX SS's.

They are the best, and worth all of the monies.

All men want one, all women want to be seen in one......well.....not my Mrs....she calls mine the "bogan cruise ship".

I'll go back to staring at my work computer now, not that I'm actually working, as I've just check posts with my phone.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Meh ...... chicken feed price. :rolleyes:
Should have stored it in a chicken coop for a few years, thrown dirt over it, put a Ford badge on it .......... instant overpriced classic POS. The current bid price is just ridiculous. It may be in original unrestored condition, but a road worthy, restored copy GT would be as much pleasure to drive as this, if and when it gets going again.

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/000...n-xa-gt-hard-top-rpo-83-manual-coupe?spr=true

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Flop, I checked the link. That coupe could well go over $400k. The original owner probably paid $10k and then sold it for $3k....

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Didn't the link work for you. ?
Apparently the story is, the original owner put it in the chicken coop, would not sell for any price despite being offered huge money, he is now dead and the family is cashing in.
Moral of story ......... never look a gift chicken in the mouth. :)

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Meh ...... chicken feed price. :rolleyes:
Should have stored it in a chicken coop for a few years, thrown dirt over it, put a Ford badge on it .......... instant overpriced classic POS. The current bid price is just ridiculous. It may be in original unrestored condition, but a road worthy, restored copy GT would be as much pleasure to drive as this, if and when it gets going again.

https://www.graysonline.com/lot/000...n-xa-gt-hard-top-rpo-83-manual-coupe?spr=true

Wow, steep bidding.

These two in that sale look better value
https://www.graysonline.com/lot/000...987-mercedes-sec-500-automatic-sedan?spr=true
https://www.graysonline.com/lot/002...senator-signature-ve-automatic-sedan?spr=true