Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who says Price rises are all about V8's

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
And that's where the Acclaim came in to play and thus why it outsold the Futura of it's time. The salespeople always used the line "You want to feel safe don't you ? "

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Must admit I didn't notice the NO A/C in that case he's absolutely dreaming at that ridiculous figure and also as suggested 179,000k's isn't super low, yes it is low for a 1997 built car, but it's not super low like 79,000k's would be seen as. I'm sure it will be discounted down to the mid 3's at some later stage.
I found a VS for sale in Bunbury only $2000 with 130,000 km!
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-holden-commodore-s-vs-auto/SSE-AD-6590112/?Cr=2
It looks a bit rough for the claimed low mileage.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
i have been searching for my next car for a while and to see the prices of V8'S soar higher and higher are making the decision harder and harder for me to go that way.
and i must say it is harder to find a good deal. but the search is still on

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
130,000 on its third motor lol...

Or the odometer crapped out 15yrs ago..

Eco will pull close to 500k if looked after.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
checkout out this VL airflow meter bargain only $899.99. someone wants to get get rich quick.

Have you checked out VL turbo stuff lately, it's way past V8 priced gear !

BTW the link is dead anyway.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
we had a fair bit of backlash on a VR Berlina we had advertised about 18months ago. 109,000 kms, all original with the rear louvres that have made such a come back. We had it up for $3,800 and sold for $3,500 inside of 2 weeks.
every facebook sale post turned into a shitfight as expected. Lots of people cant see past the age of the vehicle, whilst others appreciating the uplift that well looked after examples can fetch.

This car is local to me, and I have seen the comments on the for sale posts for this car, seller is getting smashed.
I personally think its tidy, but asking too much still. I don't think V6 acclaims are at the $6k mark just yet......

We picked up the daughter a VS Berlina with same KMs and condition as this acclaim, one owner as well for $1,500 3 years ago. the market has changed so dramatically in a short time.

the Gen 1 stuff has been mental for ages, and now the Gen 2 stuff is getting silly. I have seen some people trying to push the VT into that space, but they are a little early yet I think.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Maybe my ute will one day fetch the $6k I need to get for it, to come close to what I have spent on it. Tassie prices will take a while to catch up o mainland prices no doubt. People down here still don't appreciate old Commodores, unless they are limited model.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Maybe my ute will one day fetch the $6k I need to get for it, to come close to what I have spent on it. Tassie prices will take a while to catch up o mainland prices no doubt. People down here still don't appreciate old Commodores, unless they are limited model.

trying to get your invested money back is never a smart plan lol
I've been lucky sometimes, and other times sold for well under the money I have invested.