Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who says Price rises are all about V8's

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I'd say you're spot on with that assumption. I've got a 45,000km cluster that would slide straight into my wagon and no one would even suggest it's been tampered with. Generally the only person that knows is the one that does it.

In saying the above, here in SA you can put the km's onto the rego papers at a time of sale and later on someone will trip up that's a certainty.
adding KMs doesnt always happen on SA regos, so can be hit & miss on relevant/accurate data.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Good iconic V8 cars will always bring out top dollar prices, but run of the mill Ecojet Acclaims certainly won't for many many years to come I'd say. Maybe in another 10 years it might fetch 6.5K and that'll be because most VS's will be well and truly gone to meet their maker by that stage. 179,000k's is considered low for a 20 plus year car but there are still quite a few 90 odd thousand K cars out there being used weekly by their owners.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
But anyway as they always say any publicity is good publicity, regardless.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
You also have to consider who owns it and how it gets used which can effect the kms.

For example a few years back (might be near 8years now) My grandmother was selling her old Toyota Sprinter (AE86 but not the good front bumper style). I think from memory in the near 30 years she had it, it averaged 2000km a year as it wasn't their main vehicle for longer trips, although it was still used a few times a week. And no, she wouldnt let me take it off her hands :(

12POUNDSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 L67
I’ve seen that car in the flesh, bloke who owns it runs a detailing business

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve seen that car in the flesh, bloke who owns it runs a detailing business

I guess that's not hard to work out if you look at the photos and look at the business name in the background.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
The seller claims that he's now sold it and achieved $5,600 for it unregistered. I do struggle to believe that, but good clean VS's are gradually going up in value on a daily basis.