Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who thinks the cruise control system in the VF sucks?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That’s what I expected, but had kinda hoped something I didn’t understand would lead to a different answer. :)

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I enjoyed the mustang adaptive after getting used to its quirks.

long press and memory always lagged. siting behind people on freeways was annoying because they dont use cruise so your constantly +- 10kph but when you change lanes it will automatically speed up to set speed. Sometimes dangerous as a car may be in front and it will take a while to register that car. Also the first time collision thing went off i had no idea. someone took a corner wide but was still plenty of room and after telling the car to go from 50 to 60kph with the cruise it had braked to 30 and the car behind me was close due to not perceiving any reason to brake. after that time the collision alert would go off all the time in slow speed.

while in tweed heads i pulled away from a roundabout quickly and jumped in the left lane which was green left arrow with noone behind me. fourby wanker behind me exited the roundabout and did the same but tried to give me a love tap because he wanted to turn but luckily i saw him and rolled a foot or two, still wasnt sure if hed made contact and pulled into my destination to have a look and be ready to chase.

with the VF i have no issues yes its basic but last night a had a high hill and even in 5th at 80 it opened the throttle too much and i was doing 83 at the top of hill.

downhill does pick up speed when in high gear, easy solution is blip and shift down.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Does it make the cruise control respond more quickly

no, the throttle controller just plugs into the pedal module and changes the signal sent from the pedal to the ecu and the signal is only sent from the pedal to the ecu when you are pressing on the pedal so in cruise control the ecu pretty much has no input from the pedal/throttle controller.

cruise control is basically just a "computer program" and it handles everything related to cruise control and could drive the vehicle without a pedal module connected at all.