Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who whent to bathurst?

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
i just got home from bathurst last night at about 11pm. Except for ford wining it was an awsome weekend. Myself and 6 of may mates went down and camped on the side of the road :whistling just down from the entrance got into the piss at 8am everyday and 6am on the sunday:drink:

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Sweet mate did u get to see any of the crash's

Good to see peeps gettin into the piss b4 10 haha

Did u do the drive in one hit swappin drivers???

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
we were sitting on the last corner and saw the mini roll over and one of the porche cars hit the wall but only saw a couple of the v8s spin out during warm up. yeh we drove down in one go just stopped for food and driver changes.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Sweet the mini roll woulda been good to see, looked like in was goin in slow-mo on the tele.

U kinda wonder how a mini can manage to roll being soo low

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeh we drove down in one go just stopped for food and driver changes.

did you do them as fast as a pit crew by the time i found out i could of got up there with my mate we would of needed crews in each town we stopped at being that short of time decided it wasnt worth it after we would already of missed thursday and been stuffed for friday :(

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
we only bought a weekend pass so we didnt care about getting there around 10:30 at night on the thursday just drank all day friday at our camp and waited till 5pm cause we were allowed in after 5 and went to the pub that is on the track and had a look around. it was so cold for the first few nights as well we woke up and there was frost all over the cars and tents.

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
yeh the mini roll was sweet to watch it did look like it was in slow motion

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Yeh, I was up there in the usual spots in Reid Sulman, was amazed by how warm it was up there, I packed the usual drizabone, warm clothes, etc and the only thing I wore for the 9 nights we were up there was the vest bit from my coat on a couple of of nights over a t-shirt, apart from that it was really warm.

The week was pretty good for us early on, we did our own tribute to Brocky up at Skyline when we rocked up to Bathurst at 2.30am on the Saturday before race week and got to drive 9 or 10 laps around the track with no one else around (not even police) when we got there. Even managed some great footage of our cars on the grid, something that's difficult to do once a few more people get in

Only downside for the trip was being right on the spot when the Porter / Clark accident happened, certainly put a dampener on everything after that for us