Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who would dump a near-new VF?

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
There is a large car dealer in my suburb. I noticed in his yard a 2014 SSV only 1200 km and another VF with only 500 km on it. It seems the latter has sold already.
Who would get rid of these cars that are near new?
BTW as well as used cars this dealer sells new Ford, Chrysler, VW, Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi, motorhomes, cheap Chinese crap et cetera. So I wondered what they were traded for.

Last edited:

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Could be anything from ex demo cars, holden employee cars, no paying finance, or someones situation has change. Most likely ex demo holden sends out new cars to celebs to drive around so they get coverage then flog them off to yards

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I reckon they'd be demonstrators.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
I reckon it would be unlikely that one competing dealer would get two very low km cars traded in, especially newly released.

I have a recollection of a F##d dealer selling then newly released low K VE's. Got a lot of mileage (kilometerage?) telling prospective buyers how bad they were. That was why they had been traded in on Chook Tins.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
They wouldn't necessarily have been traded in. The used car section of the dealership would still be getting stock from auctions. Maybe they're repo's from finance companies.
Previous owner might have driven it off the showroom floor and stacked it soon after too. Fixed it under insurance then quickly unloaded it.

RedL1on

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Holden press cars or "executive 5star" cars which is bullshit for cars flogged within an inch of their life by journos.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I reckon it would be unlikely that one competing dealer would get two very low km cars traded in, especially newly released.

I have a recollection of a F##d dealer selling then newly released low K VE's. Got a lot of mileage (kilometerage?) telling prospective buyers how bad they were. That was why they had been traded in on Chook Tins.

Conversely , the GM/ Holden dealer , in my town recently had a new FG XR6 Typhoon , on the showroom floor , I asked the dealer what the story was , and basically what had happened was , that the buyer bought the Falcon , drove it for a week or 2 , did not like it , and went back to the Ford dealer to try and sort something out , the Ford dealer told him to " go forth and multiply " or a word to that effect , so he took his Falcon across the road ,( Literally ) , to the GM/Holden yard, and did , an awsome deal on a SS VF Redline . Apparently that's this Ford dealers legendary customer service .:rofl: , which I can vouch for as well .