Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whoa, Black Betty - VY SS 6 Speed

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The story continues. It's now tuned ready to bed in some rings. Runs sweet and loud. The cam is incredibly obvious and the blower whine is a higher pitch. Unfortunately in the process the exhaust heatshield failed - there was a minor fire and my remote oil line braiding got melted. That ended the session. Looks like the weekend just got busy

Safely pulled 450hp out of it but it's possible the blower isn't up to the job. It'll do for now but that's a lot of motor to feed and it didn't push much past 6 pounds. We shall see, it's nice to have an upgrade path, I think a Whipple would satisfy it

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
And then we were done. Clutch and engine broken in and 1500km later we polished the tune. Still only makes 6 pounds but to be honest I can't expect much more than that from a 2L roots on a 6.3L boost monster. Final result was 357rwkw and 822nm. The A/F is perfect here and it's a safe number. It's a cranky weapon and I'm pleased as punch

20210416_181947_1.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And then we were done. Clutch and engine broken in and 1500km later we polished the tune. Still only makes 6 pounds but to be honest I can't expect much more than that from a 2L roots on a 6.3L boost monster. Final result was 357rwkw and 822nm. The A/F is perfect here and it's a safe number. It's a cranky weapon and I'm pleased as punch

View attachment 221439

Got a copy of the torque curve ?

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
This was a great read and boy did it make me think of and miss my old VY S (Only a 6, I know, but i was on my P's). Had all the bolt ons, cams, bottom end rebuild with a mace stroker kit. Was good fun as a P plater and the cops loved it, for the wrong reasons haha But thats an awesome job man! I also know its been a year since the last post. Just appreciating the work!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
This was a great read and boy did it make me think of and miss my old VY S (Only a 6, I know, but i was on my P's). Had all the bolt ons, cams, bottom end rebuild with a mace stroker kit. Was good fun as a P plater and the cops loved it, for the wrong reasons haha But thats an awesome job man! I also know its been a year since the last post. Just appreciating the work!

Thanks man. It's been a good year of just cruising and bruising. Squeezed 38 more rwkw out of it after I noticed a boost leak. Fitted a sequential shifter and some projectors with HIDs but that's about it. I do love this car but damn it's expensive to drive these days at $2.40 pl

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Thanks man. It's been a good year of just cruising and bruising. Squeezed 38 more rwkw out of it after I noticed a boost leak. Fitted a sequential shifter and some projectors with HIDs but that's about it. I do love this car but damn it's expensive to drive these days at $2.40 pl
Glad to see it's still around! Yea it's extremely expensive at the moment hey, yet I have gas setup but haven't ever used it, prefer the old petrol.