Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whoa !!!!!!!!! How much would you pay for this one ???

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
And your's is an Acclaim, in as good or better cond than an old base model sedan.

Now now losh, now that's stretching a very long bow. This Exec has far better paint than my blistered clear coat Acclaim. ;););)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
LOL wonder if the planted mate ended up with the car (Shill bidder) if so in 6mth or less it will be back up for sale.....OR maybe an exception to the rule....

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Wozza,

I sorta indicated that this might be the case in an earlier post and it might oddly be re-offered either next week or be taken back and put up for sale by the organisation that put it in the Auction in the first instance. Only time will tell.

Gotta love these cat and mouse games. Surely there weren't two idiots that thought it was worth so much. I feel that it was just one that got carried away and another insider that played the pushing game via the online facility without the Auctioneer actually knowing as he hung out a long time at $4,800 before finally knocking it down. Funnily one patron at the auctions end yelled out after the knock down, "hope the buyer also gets the V8 that should've been in the boot".

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
the pictures seem to give the perception that the car is in at least decent condition. but i would not pay 4k for it. around 1,500 to 2k would be where i would hold the line. as someone here has said before me and i find it to be true. there are better buy's out there

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I just did a GT and FB search and there was at least 40 VS for sale in Tas. Probably double that in VT. But VR i only saw maybe 6 or 7. If rarity means higher value then VR ute must be up there? Think i only saw one or two VR utes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you look closely at the pics and get past the shine its not in great shape body wise, unless I'm mistaken?

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
looks exactly like mine when i bought it 14 years ago, colour and all. but my exec was optioned up with ABS and cruise too

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Not the same as vl unless we're talking vl calais or something else special. Will be another ~10 years before vs parts are hard to obtain and the prices of base models skyrocket with the exception of the SS'.

I bet you'll see this one back up for auction again shortly due to non paying bidder. Most of the time you cant even see these things run before you bid.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Look at even 1st Gen commodores now, yeah sure a V8 SLE is worth 25-30k in good condition. But a 6 SLE $10-15k, SL $4-10 and the base model L's even today are still only around the $4,000 ish mark in good condition. Don't know why anyone would be interested in a base model anyway, especially of this series.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't know why anyone would be interested in a base model anyway, especially of this series.

Maybe there are some folks out there that actually like this series and not just what you like. Different strokes for different folks.