Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who's 1.9.1 roller rockers are better?

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Does anyone have any pros or cons about the 1.9.1 high ratio roller rockers From Yella Terra, FIT or Mace. Which is best,who's are ordinary ,value for dollars,etc . i'm after comparisons and other members' opinions.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Yt are brand new true rolla tip rockers Mace & fit are non rolla tip remanafactered factory items , its up to you what you use performance wise you probaly wont notice a difference between them but if your going to spend the money might aswell go the Yt RR which you can get from the US delivered for a similar price for the Mace/fit RR not so long ago

These are Yt Rolla rockers

100_6267.jpg

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
Its chalk and cheese.
Like a comparrison between rooting a bloke or a sheila, the one with the bloke will do but just wont be very nice, where as with the sheila is much better and you can tell all your mates. lol

get the yella terra ones.

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
thanks vsl67, can you recomend a place in the US to get them? cheers

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Do yella terra 1.9.1 have any identifing marks on em? ,so you could tell if they were correct from wreckers/ swap meets ,etc?

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
From memory all the Yella Terra ones have it stamped on them.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Do yella terra 1.9.1 have any identifing marks on em? ,so you could tell if they were correct from wreckers/ swap meets ,etc?

Not sure, but you can tell the difference easily. See below.

YT by a coutry mile.
Also you can't mistake them;

pic-rockers01.jpg

VS

images

To The OP:

Yella Terra are completely different designs, they are a Roller Rocker manufactured from lighter and stronger aircraft grade alloy, with a roller bearing TIP on them. (See the photo for the difference). At higher RPM's these Roller Tipped Rockers aka 'Roller Rockers' apparently create less side load on the valves. ~ RUF 231

MACE, FIT etc, all use the stock 'Rocker' from the factory which are re manufactured with the heads/tips skimmed etc (and all the rest) to create the higher lift.

For a technical report on the differences between standard 'Rockers' and 'Roller Rockers' - see this article here Roller Rockers vs Rockers

Talking to alot of modifiers and engine builders, most recommend YT products due to their obvious advantages listed above (being a stronger, lighter grade alloy, different design, true 'Roller' design which creates valve stability etc). If you are asking an opinion on which is better, I'm not going to say yay or nay to either, though if I was to buy higher ratio rockers it would be true Roller Rockers. But I wouldn't be going down that road, I'd prefer a lumpier cam. The difference would be minimal on a stock V6.

Based on the above, the choice is yours.

All this being said though, I would go with a different cam before upgrading rockers. But that's my preference.

Last edited: