Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whos good with computers?

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i need some help.. my computer has a mind of its own.
the buttons on my internet explorer (File, Edit, Help etc) have completely disappeared, theres just an empty line there, but they still open when i click where they would be. the back, stop, refresh buttons are all still there though.
some of the little icons that come up in my task bar bit have disappeared, and theres just a space where they would be. again, i can click them as normal they're just invisible..
and my msn messenger wont open, the little icon comes up down the bottom in the task bar, but the actual window wont show up...
if anyone could help that would be good.. thanks

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Somebodys got a virus.... :bang:

Best thing you can do is try an online virus check to rid yourself of the virus...

If that dont work then I'm afraid it's reformat and install windows and alll your programs again and try to remember when the virus started and what you were doing that may have caused it and don't do it again ! :p :)

You could also try a system restore that may help... but some virii are clever enough to infiltrate that so you just end up with the virus again.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
i concur.... id say virus...

could try reinstallg the browser, updating it, might just be a windows **** up but id say you need to get a virus checker (rec. AVG) and get it sorted.

Backup all your files while you can still see them.....

aZk.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
spyware gets into your comp every time its on ... I use XoftSpy SE every day and find them .... I run Kaspersky 6 Anti Virus and at times I get a popup that its stopped viruses downloading in Iexplorer when I visit sites... I also use Registry Fix once a week too .... when I first ran it, it found about 300 problems...

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Sucks to be using windows........

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
if i hit the F11 button the menus disappear. it's meant to. that is in firefox though.

edit - does it in explorer too.

Last edited:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Sucks to be using windows........

it does but i wouldnt be able to work linux to save my life and IMHO mac osx is "Confusingly simple" i keep losing my way around it

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Linux isnt that hard.. its just most people start off on windows.. and linux uses a different structure..

I would be using it if my printer was supported..