Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who's used a disc brake piston remover?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i took the calipers off my front to paint and noticed the rubbers on them were pretty shot. figured while they were off i should replace them. i don't have compressed air handy and can't be assed putting them back on to use the brake lines to eject the piston.

i remember seeing a tool to take them out at ricerbarn like this
AMR450L.jpg

are these worth it? it just looked better than spilling brake fluid all over my newly painted calipers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that tool is for screwing in rear pistons on ford diffs as the handbrake is threaded into the pistons on them.but it may work to help get them out

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
crap. is there any other way to get the pistons out (apart from air pressure/reconnectingthem)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
depends if they are pushed in very far could use the dust seal groove on the outside of the piston and a couple of screwdrivers

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
might even be able to hold it by hand or with a really soft jawed vice and turn n pull the piston out. ? Doesn't anyone you know have an air compressor ?
How much are new pistons for that model in case you damage it? I think they are about $20 each for VS.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
evem the garage has compressed air just cut an old tyre valve out of a rim and go use the tyre pump