Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whts up with my VT?

Luke Ah kuoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden VT commode 3.8 Olympic sedan
The engines sparking over but not actually starting

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
With no information it would be impossible to say but we could start with the immobiliser, is the light in the mode switch flashing when you try to start it?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2000 Magna
The engines sparking over but not actually starting
Well, as above - you've given zero information to work with, so I agree with accent - immobiliser perhaps, or lack of fuel, or stuffed fuel pump, stuffed coil/s, plugs gone, BCM issue, key could be dead...The list goes on. Without a crystal ball, it's a bit hard to say what the issue in with the (lack of) information you have provided.

Luke Ah kuoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
With no information it would be impossible to say but we could start with the immobiliser, is the light in the mode switch flashing when you try to start it?
Theres no light showing up at all

Luke Ah kuoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, as above - you've given zero information to work with, so I agree with accent - immobiliser perhaps, or lack of fuel, or stuffed fuel pump, stuffed coil/s, plugs gone, BCM issue, key could be dead...The list goes on. Without a crystal ball, it's a bit hard to say what the issue in with the (lack of) information you have provided.
It's like it turns over but dies strait away

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2000 Magna
I'll take a fairly blind stab and say that your key is on it's way out and isn't communicating with the BCM. My old VS is starting to exhibit the same symptoms, ie it will start for half a second then then die. Normally locking and unlocking it will get it going, however it's only a matter of time before a new key will be needed. I'd start with that if i were you..

Luke Ah kuoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok I'll change that over and have a look I'm just wondering if I would be better to go to a Holden place a get it done properly.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Try pressing your unlock button on the remote and turn the ignition on straight away to start it. You can have the key in the ignition when you press the unlock button