Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why a VN/VP

Filippimini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais, 1965 Morris Mini
This a question people often ask me about my cars (I also own a 65 morris cooper replica).

When responding to people asking me about my mini, I can say, 'it's a classic, it's different to most cars, it's fun, it handles well, it's cheap, it's easy to work on'

When asked about the VP Calais, I can say 'it was my grandfathers car, I always loved it as a kid, I played around with them as a teenager.

What is it about VN/VPs that you like?

Ryan

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
.....They're cheap......

:spot on:

We have kept our old VN for a few reasons......it was my wife's first *good* car when she bought it back in 1992, only a few years old I think it only had 50k on board ? We basically went everywhere in this car for over a decade - yes a few little things break but by and large, the old rig was reliable and comfy.

Getting a total makeover at the moment, so we should get another 20 years out of it, and probably this car will be my sons first car.

:cool:

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
dat interior
PpEj7.jpg

basic, classic 90s design
bjFGj.jpg

square arches
v1XJ3.jpg

easy, reliable power
v6JPY.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
10 litres per hundred combined mileage from a 5.0 V8
14sec quarter mile
acceptable handling and braking with few mods

Also, rocking up to Winton raceway in a ratty-looking $500 VN Commodore with brakes/suspension and tail-gating M3 BMWs and R32 Skylines? Priceless.

rN6jQ.jpg

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
1) Really great cars to mod, 2) Incredible reliability from the Buick/GM/Commodore set up, 3) Not much can hold a candle off the line to these grunty beasts if well maintained, 4) A nice challenge to get the most out of when restoring/enhancing, 5) Loads of space for practical stuff plus plenty of room for good tunes, :) 6) Can take it in any direction performance wise - FI or N/A stroked etc, 7) Looks damn good when tricked up properly, 8) Very economical to run - try 860km's per tank without trying - this is with the right fuel maps/intricate tuning, 10) Priceless look of more modern vehicle drivers out on the road when you decide to give it some WOT & blow them off the road after they decide you're driving a crappy ol' VN/VP - HEH!

Filippimini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais, 1965 Morris Mini
I love all these reasons, buti really love this one. Love the sentiment.

:spot on:

We have kept our old VN for a few reasons......it was my wife's first *good* car when she bought it back in 1992, only a few years old I think it only had 50k on board ? We basically went everywhere in this car for over a decade - yes a few little things break but by and large, the old rig was reliable and comfy.

Getting a total makeover at the moment, so we should get another 20 years out of it, and probably this car will be my sons first car.

:cool:

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Pretty light for what it is, Handles alright too when you do your research into springs/swaybars/shocks properly. Plenty of later models to swipe parts from.. and they are damn easy to work on.. :)

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
My first car was my grandfather VN Executive that I inherited after he died. This was also the same car that I was taken home from hospital in. The first car I worked on, the first car I did most of anything in. Its almost impossible for me to get rid of.

Then I got another one for god knows why but I just love them!