Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why am i using so much fuel?

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Hoping someone can help with an answer here,
My VE SV6 was using heaps of fuel so i did an oil change hoping it would change but it hasnt, it has all the right stuff in it but i was reading a thred the other day about an 'engine oil life percentage' and i checked that and its at 0% and should be at 99%, could this have something to do with it?

Any suggestions would be great thanks

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Ignore the engine oil life percentage.

How much fuel is currently being used? And how much was being used before?

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
$50 gets me 2 and a half days around town. ive put a fuel system cleaner in it and everything.
i put $10 fuel in it yesterday avro, drove the 8kms home, then half way back this morning the fuel light was on again.
its driving me nuts!

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
full tank used to last me just under 2 weeks, that was when i brought it

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
can u fill it till nothing will go in anymore, i thought the ve had a pretty big reserve so maybe thats why the fuel light is coming on so soon, cos ur only putting in the reseve amount... is that possible? lol just fill it to the top and run till empty and find out ur L/100k

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
around town it sits on 10L/100km on the highway shes sweet i can get it to 7.1L/100kms
I just dont know. i understand what your saying about the reserve tank but $50 in under 3 days is a bit rediculous considering im only going to and from work and its only a 15km trip either way

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Full tank lasts me about 2 weeks going to work n back, about 45k's a day. And $50 only gets half a tank these days.
Check the obvious things like air filter, fuel leaks, service history etc.... How does it run ? Maybe just needs a new sensor somewhere

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Yeah but half a tank should last more then 3 days though right?, and im only doing 14 kms max a day and your at 45kms!
should check the air filter. wouldnt wanna have a fuel leak lol its only 2 years old! and its only just had a service