Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why am i using so much fuel?

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Nah i dont use e10 i found it burnt way too quick, premium makes it run a heap better and i can get just under 10L/100km
It makes sence what glenn said about the 1st half and 2nd half, i do find when i have just over half to 3/4 if doesnt move much, ive heard that commodores have like a cone or pyramid shaped tank/resevior so the first half doesnt seem to move much but the lower u get the quicker the guage moves? Havent checked the air filter, i want to change it for a k&n but i cant find a listing, i work at supercheap auto and the supplier says they dont have one for it? any other good brands you can suggest?
im going to fill her right up this week and see how far i get.

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
yeah im getting around the 200-250km mark, maybe thats where im going wrong. how long does it last you?

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
yeah thats what i dont understand. i put $50 in it every week, gets me half a tank, check the L/100km and its at 10 yet it still lasts me 3 days max

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Around town i'm on around 17-19l/100kms in the SSV. I still only go to the pump around once a week. I can only dream of figures like your getting lol (unless a country run then i get around 8l/100kms)

What mods have you done? im sitting on around 18 atm with my new big cam and all other full bolt ons lol thats with a not complete tune and having to do full throttle logs to send away, but once the tune is finished everything has settled in and i do my oil change i reakon i can get my around town down to low 17's

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
not sure if that was to me? i only have an exhaust on it lol..
dunno how the bf would like me out doing him with other mods haha

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
my sv6 gets 15l/100 with the approximate speed at 36km/h but i still get 500km a tank inner city driving with average speed of 55/60kmh

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
are you filling right up?
i think thats where im going wrong? one guy on here said he gets 600kms out of his full tank on city driving cause the top of the tank is larger then the bottom. i might try it this week

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Sounds like someone is stealing your fuel.