Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why aren’t Commodore V8s selling?

St3k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
they are overpriced by 7k. I was thinking to move from 2013 VF ute, and get new one. After checking prices - I decided to stay away from swaping green appple to red apple and get VF calais sedan for my wife.:)

BigPilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Motorsport
My view was that there was absolutely no discounting in the 12months in the lead up to the plant closure, which limited demand significantly. Even with the new year coming stock was still on the lots with limited movement in the price. There was also limited incentives offered from Holden as pass through rebates to help shift the stock, so it sat on the floor with limited ability for the dealer to discount. I think Holden held onto the rebates to force people to consider new stock for the ZB.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
As already said, the V8 holden lovers have already bought one and with Mustangs selling like hot cakes, I'm guessing the other folks after V8's are buying those.

Maybe the Holden Dealers should weld the back doors shut on the Commodore

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
No getting away from the fact the VF V8 is five years old to most people, many out of lease and hitting the second owner FPFQ slump. Worst time to buy new or sell used, and I expect this to continue until price rationalises just above VEII. Hard sell to retain the value proposition of detuned VFII over less than half price runout VF or VEII.
Add the fact the factory (and for all intents and purposes model) is dead, people being sold on downsizing shiit, I expect a compounded decline in value over next couple of years :(
That's why I reckon you should own the fricken thing as in drive the shiit out of it, tweak it, have fun coz end of the day there's just not $30-$40k difference in a VFII ex-lease flipped with 20k kms vs immaculately well-maintained enthusiast's late model V8 with 20k loving km per year.
I could be wrong, maybe there's a massive, multi-billion dollar market flipping just run-in V8 VFII?

zoenryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 , VZ Wagon V6, VE Saloon V6 LPG, VX V6
I reckon its because in this cotton wool wrapped nanny state country we have become there are not enough real men left to drive one !

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..