Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
While on the subject of badges.

My mate suggested I de-badge my Calais entirely as it looks better. I have to admit I haven't seen any cars properly with this, but obviously have heard of it being done.

Has anyone got any pics they can post of their de-badged VE? To get specific, it would be great if your car was evoke in colour, but I'll take what I can get.

When doing this, do you de-badge the whole car (bonnet, side badges), or just the rear?

BushSSV

Stone chip collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SSV
That van's gotta be a troll...

I'm glad someone dug this thread up as some of us up here have been on this topic re: the VF.

If you see a VF with chev badges you'll be able to ask the person if it has the 6.2 in it...

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
That van's gotta be a troll...

I'm glad someone dug this thread up as some of us up here have been on this topic re: the VF.

If you see a VF with chev badges you'll be able to ask the person if it has the 6.2 in it...
Funny you mention the VF. Today on the way to work (Mascot Sydney) I saw an Orange VF SS and a VF SS in full Chev SS guise. It was RH drive but didn't look just like a badge change. Had different wheels but didn't get a chance to spot much else. It was an awful green colour which didn't do its appearance any favours if it was for promotional purposes.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Funny you mention the VF. Today on the way to work (Mascot Sydney) I saw an Orange VF SS and a VF SS in full Chev SS guise. It was RH drive but didn't look just like a badge change. Had different wheels but didn't get a chance to spot much else. It was an awful green colour which didn't do its appearance any favours if it was for promotional purposes.

saw the Chevy VF SS today aswell.
although it did have a massive sticker on the back "Left hand drive"
and it was a left hand drive (hard to see in though)
was in the dark gunmetal grey. didn't look too bad.
although I was wondering at first. who would buy a brand new VF and already have done a badge change when I first saw it :p

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
South African market is RHD, and Chev name for Holdens. Not sure what drive they use in Dubai.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
So whats the choice for a WM?

Bowties, Buicks or Daewoos?

Yes, they have been sold with all 3 badges, in different markets

Some folks have commented about badge sizes too, so try this, take the huge lion off the ute 'gate, put the tiny lion off the back of the current barina on there instead.

I think it probably has summick to do with available space and breaking up acres of sheetmetal

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You're all forgetting these cars are sold over in towelhead land as Chevrolet Luminas, coming out of the showroom wearing Chev badges, and have been since the VT.

I wonder why no-one goes for the Vauxhall badge (other than it being ugly) or Opel as the R8 is sold in Europe?

Id be happy to go completely badgeless but the holes behind the badges prevent this option.

Why has no-one produced yet, after all the years the VE has been out no-one has produce a factory look badgeless grill.

In Europe a car as popular as the VE is down here would have several after market grills.