Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

captaincupcake

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega - SS Mock Up
Has anyone tried to make one with a holden badge, I mean the chrome lines then the holden badge in the middle ?

I had one on my ve before i put the ss grille on. I still have the grille with chrome lines and holden badge in middle

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
and you thought chev badged ss was bad...

2011-08-03143608.jpg

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
lol i saw a ford courier today with an XR6 badge down the side and then there's the Toyota corolla i see with a Silvia badge on it, so there are worse things
floating around then the Chev theme lol

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Ok, I have Chev badges on my car. Criticise as much as you like. But at least understand my reasoning.

Firstly, I simply hated the size of the holden logo. Simple. Next, my car is a 60th Ann and as such has the chrome door handles. I felt the best way to tie it all together was to use a chev grille and rear badge and paint the bowtie black. I think it is very clean and the black and chrome of the grille and rear badge match very nicely the door handles.

What I think is completely wrong is seeing the same rear badge I have on the front and rear of a VE HSV.... I know I shouldnt criticise that decision but it looked very wrong in the way they were added.

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg

Way of topic, why is that SS have 3O7 badge on it?

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
Its a conspiracy! Sell Australia's favourite family car with a big arse, dinner plate size chrome badge on the front, then make some extra dollars selling after market chevy badges. Ah Holden you are a clever little cookie!