Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
must....not....bite lol

i wanna see an XR5 turbo(well i dont WANT to see one but this is for humour's sake) with a volvo badge on it >_>

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
i know the reasoning behind the chev badge.....

lambos these days have audi developed engines in them, i havent seen an lambo with an audi badge on them >_>

dont see nissan powered VLs with nissan badges on them...its an odd phenomenom :)

true - but you do see MRT badges on stock foresters, NISMO stickers on maximas, TRD stickers on camrys, Rallyart stickers on mirages - it happens everywhere. When compared to things like that, I think chev badges are a fairly minor misdemeanour - they're not claiming greatness or track presence - just the wrong badge.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
i guess, so in a sense, holden drivers r following a ricer trend thats been happening for a while, way before LS engines

makes me a sad panda

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
true - but you do see MRT badges on stock foresters, NISMO stickers on maximas, TRD stickers on camrys, Rallyart stickers on mirages - it happens everywhere. When compared to things like that, I think chev badges are a fairly minor misdemeanour - they're not claiming greatness or track presence - just the wrong badge.
true but a disaster none the less lol

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
i mean, if u really wanted to draw a long bow, the current camaro (which i assume has an SS model like the old ones), if i remember correctly is pretty much the holden chasis with a camaro shell on it

feel free to correct me of im wrong, cbf to research it at this time, but i seem to remember hearing that

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
I can't see why people give a **** about this. I personally think no badges look the best but chev badges look alot neater than the Holden ones and they do have some truth behind them on the lsx model holdens

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
What truth? As far as I was aware Chevrolet haven't produced a motor in years......GM Powerplants I think (as said before cbf going into full blown research this time of night)