Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
Is it wrong then that I've replaced the rear Holden badge with a Pontiac one (and left the SSV / AFM badges on), and also put Pontiac centre caps on the alloys of my MY 10 SSV G8?

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
yes :yeah: But it's your car - and you can do anything you like with it. (I think the G8 front bar is the bigger issue in that scenario! - it's one of those love it or loathe it things). If you're happy with it, then just run with it!

you're most certainly right... it's a love or loathe for sure (I love, thus I buy) but I'm thinking the general point to this thread is, do what you want to your own vehicle. it could be worse, people could be putting scoop bonnets on their non turbo Commodores like those Korean-vehicle driving idiots...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
exactly - a badge is a relatively small deal - and not really anybody's business but the owner's. People will always have opinions (ask my girlfriend - I have more than my fair share!) and will invariably spout them off at any chance they get. If it isn't illegal or hurting anybody (eyes don't count in this instance) then it really doesn't matter. I hate chev badges - but, clearly, plenty others like them - There has to be some bad decisions to differentiate from the good ones!

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
exactly - a badge is a relatively small deal - and not really anybody's business but the owner's. People will always have opinions (ask my girlfriend - I have more than my fair share!) and will invariably spout them off at any chance they get. If it isn't illegal or hurting anybody (eyes don't count in this instance) then it really doesn't matter. I hate chev badges - but, clearly, plenty others like them - There has to be some bad decisions to differentiate from the good ones!

Exactly, i dont like purple and yellow VE SS's or baby poo VT's or roof racks or VOLVO's ( i ride bikes) ETC ETC, but someone likes them ...Each to there own

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Exactly, i dont like purple and yellow VE SS's or baby poo VT's or roof racks or VOLVO's ( i ride bikes) ETC ETC, but someone likes them ...Each to there own

NO. It is your job alone to go and tell them how much you don't like their choice, and convince them they must like everything you like.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

Dude I was going to keep quiet but your sig has a spelling error which is kind of ironic given the nature of the sig. The correct spelling is thought. Not trying to be a smart ass, just saying...

ssv183

BAZINGA
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV CBR1000rr
:
Dude I was going to keep quiet but your sig has a spelling error which is kind of ironic given the nature of the sig. The correct spelling is thought. Not trying to be a smart ass, just saying...

cheers:doh::doh:

Cunningstunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Before
1.jpg

After
SSVnewbadge.jpg

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Ok, I have Chev badges on my car. Criticise as much as you like. But at least understand my reasoning.

Firstly, I simply hated the size of the holden logo. Simple. Next, my car is a 60th Ann and as such has the chrome door handles. I felt the best way to tie it all together was to use a chev grille and rear badge and paint the bowtie black. I think it is very clean and the black and chrome of the grille and rear badge match very nicely the door handles.

What I think is completely wrong is seeing the same rear badge I have on the front and rear of a VE HSV.... I know I shouldnt criticise that decision but it looked very wrong in the way they were added.

IMG_3802.jpg

IMG_3808.jpg