Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why did they make series II not as good?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Pretty bold to paint it yourself but from what I can see, it looks good. Be sure to get some better quality pics up if you can and def do the headlights. SS style is soo much better than chrome.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
yeah nah. I'ts pretty easy spraying stuff. I scraped the car on a pole when i was driving half asleep. Fixed it myself. It's perfect.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
wow i want ur new rims, they look AMAZING!

I'm pretty sure that's not his car just a comparison photo, note the SS badge and different plates. They are nice rims though. Black looks better as does the foglights. I suppose they needed something to distinguish the series models and 'sports' versions.
Doesn't really make the series 2 not as good though does it?

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
Ill admit it does look better, but there is no way the series 2 is worse. For the SS i can't imagine the difference would be much but for the S heaps changed. like the rear garnish on 1 is completly black where as it isn't on 2. side mirrors are painted car colour on 2, and the dash cluster on the 2 is mader aswell. im not entirely sure on all of this but they are just some things ive noticed from my series 1 when looking at series2.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Nah i just wanted an appealing thread name :p Series II is heaps better. It more to the fact my car is one of the very last VYs (October Model) so i think its more the VZ style. I've seen a few SS with body coloured bits.

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
one bad thing they did do to the series 2 S pack is make the indicators in the headlights really orange?

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Yeah that too.

But anyway.

YEAAA Boii!

DSCF1952.jpg

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg