Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why did you choose a VL?

GLD-086

Reaction score
Jimboss said:
I just meant that because more of them are turbo's, they are more popular for 'street racer' wog types, i don't mean to bag out any of you guys and gals, you are exactly right, ********s drive all sorts of cars, but from what I have experienced, more VL drivers are tools than not.

Far enough mate.

I don't see as many idiots in VLs where I live, actually more idiots drive 4s and stuff.

Not to say there isn't idiots in VLs, because there is, I just don't see as much.:thumbsup:

Cheeza5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
i love the look of mine, Its silver and very low

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I loved the 'sleeker' look of the VL, must admit it was the boot that got me too.... I love that. After owning a VK Calais thou, I do agree that the interiors could have been so much better. Looking at what the VK Calais had & the VN Calais, IMO the VL lost out. All that money went into the motor & nothing was left after.

Even with all their faults ;) I still love the VL, & I miss mine alot..... great car ;)

dont knock the 'star wars dash' Thats got to be the thing I love the most about my VK Calais.

D.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
hehe countess we agree way to much, my b/f had a vk calais and i loved the dash thought it was wicked i wanted one in my vl haha.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
i just liked the look of them :) a couple of ppl i knew had owned them and i just liked them. :) i hate to say it but i like the look of the VK's better now, but this VL aint goin anywhere :D

GLD-086

Reaction score
Countess said:
dont knock the 'star wars dash' Thats got to be the thing I love the most about my VK Calais.

Sorry, I just don't really like them.

I like the VL dash, because it's simple and isn't a half assed attempt at a futuristic digital dash, like alot of 80s car had.:thumbsup:

I like VKs though.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Countess said:

D.

i thought it was the factory crusie contol still working :dance:

and yah the kick on the boot is the one of the biggist draws for me, i look at my cozins vk calais now and im like dam thats a cube

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
* I like the look of them (especially the berlina lights and garnish)

*Got enough power to get around and potential for lots more

*Cheap to buy, cheap to fix, easy to modify and swap/upgrade stuff.

*The only "cult" commodore (either loved or hated never both)

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I just wanted a RWD Turbo.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
VL Berlina 5speed said:
i thought it was the factory crusie contol still working :dance:

and yah the kick on the boot is the one of the biggist draws for me, i look at my cozins vk calais now and im like dam thats a cube

yeah okay.... ya got me there working cruise control on a 22 yr old VK is hard to come by....

BigDaz said:
i just liked the look of them a couple of ppl i knew had owned them and i just liked them. i hate to say it but i like the look of the VK's better now, but this VL aint goin anywhere

Im the same, I love the sleek look of a VL Calais, & the over the topness of a Walky & yet I also love the toughness of a VK SS/GRP3 ;)

D.