Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Do People Always Put **** On Commodores

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Why is it that when i tell people i paid $11500 for my vs.....which was in prime condition Series II Acclaim (still not a V8 ) they say omg your a wanker you could have gotten a skyline or 180sx for that much.....

i simply dont understand it......i would much much much much rather drive a commodore than drive a rice box......or crappy 4cyl turbo......i dont know how to explain it but i think you all know what im tlaking about when i say that......

so can someone explain to me why people think im an idiot for buying a decent car

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (Gobbles @ Nov 19 2003, 02:12 AM) Why is it that when i tell people i paid $11500 for my vs.....which was in prime condition Series II Acclaim (still not a V8 ) they say omg your a wanker you could have gotten a skyline or 180sx for that much.....

i simply dont understand it......i would much much much much rather drive a commodore than drive a rice box......or crappy 4cyl turbo......i dont know how to explain it but i think you all know what im tlaking about when i say that......

so can someone explain to me why people think im an idiot for buying a decent car
What you say is: "alright then, you go find me a Skyline thats in good condition for $11 500"

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Not only that but try and find something which hasn't been thrashed.

I would much rather an engine which is going to last 300,000km than one which has to be rebuilt by 20,000.

The insurance aspect is another big factor for myself anyway. I mean what your run about standard Commodore costs like $400 for comprehensive insurance assuming you have a nice rating whereas a ricer would easily cost $2000+.

Being a big fella ricers just don't have the room, my brother has a Skyline which they should have left out the back seat, kids will be lucky to sit there in comfort let alone 3 adults.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
heh yeah
im 17 and i pay $1802 for fullcomprehensive with RACQ
i want $400 policy

J

Jaime S.

People who think your an idiot for buying an Acclaim (even though it's auto-only), are shitheads!
Those Japanese Hot-Fours do kick arse but this is a COMMODORE COUNTRY so piss off, whoever thinks you're an idiot for driving an Acclaim.

PS: I'd kill for a Mist Green VS Series II Commodore Executive Wagon with Manual Transmission, LS2 Mag Wheels, A rear spoiler and an MP3/Boombox.

But I'm only 14! Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Jaime S.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
hehe.....the acclaim is mad....its like the Calais of the executives (ok not really )
id kill for any VS with a 304 in it thats my goal by this time next year to have a 304 running in my vs
insurance might not like it but tough cheddar for them

F

finarfin

What is it about WRX drivers that really **** me. Oh i remeber the fact that they never shut the F$#% up about their car. Comments such as "Its got a superior engine to your old pile of **** V8" or "my car handles better than yours" etc etc crap crap crap. You cant even get to a half way point with them, because they are so superior. Well stuff me, if my car makes windows shake with its beefy exhaust and i can drive it without an huge insurance excess, unlike a WRX which sounds like a Volkswagon and seems to have found a niche as the criminal gangs ram raid car of choice. Besides Commodores are Oz cars more or less and employ oz workers. A WRX only screws up the Balance of payments.
As i said WRXs really **** me now. AAHHHhh

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have found something worse then all of the above..........GUYS WHO DRIVE CHICKS CARS, and, acctually think they are cool!!! Nothing worse then a P plater in a Hyundi Excel, or the like with a 3' inch exhaust TIP cruising with his friends. AHHHHHH!!!! You just feel like saying give your mum's car back and get a real one.

Lloyd

Reaction score
Website
holdensfords.staghost.com
i agree with you airstrike, their is nothing worse then pulling up to the traffic lights expecting to see a chick in a Excel or another chick car and finding out its a guy.

i have also noticed that their are a heap of chicks driving Done up Holdens and fords (not their boyfriends).

I recon commodores look excellent but some people like to have something different, like a Toyota Soarer or Cressida.

their is nothing wrong with an Acclaim, for $11,500 you could only buy a shitty Nissan Silva.

WRX's are excellent cars, if you ever drive one u will know why they love them so much.