Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Do People Always Put **** On Commodores

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
Think I may have heard something of a buick v6 making around that much. Im flicking through my street commy mags remembering I had read something about a big hp holden v6. Found it. In feb 05 issue. 3.6 litre alloytech holden v6. Stock block, factory crank, 1650 hp on an engine dyno with TT setup. Displacement reduced to 3.5L, qtr mile of 6.60 @ 215mph. Pretty damn impressive.

Just a comment..

N

NXNVR-6

Rice boys give **** to commodore/faclon boys as a defensive, because they know their 4 cylinder rice burner cant compete with a V8, let only a 3.8l V6 or 4.0l Inline6..

Iv got friends with Lancers, and they continually give me **** about driving a VR and sending money on it.. and how if they ever wanted performance, they wouldnt buy a commdore or falcon.. but that attitude seems to go out the window, once they take a seat in either my VR or another VR + Commodore and the foot is put down.

And yeah, Iv noticed alot of girls driving around in nice commodores.. gota love them.

And guys driving excels, lancers, mirages... thats not cool and this isnt the Fast & the Furious and a $9.95 RALLIART sticker isnt going to change that.

I have this come back and it seems to work.. ' what you paid $10500 for ur 98 lancer and then u still had to pay $1500 for insurance.. I paid $5500 for my 94 VR.. and I got 4 doors and a stock 130kw.. and more kilowatts at the wheel than your lancer at the fly.. oh oh and leg room.. abs, and and a boot that can actully carry stuff in.. oh and girls dont think my car is ' CUTE ' ( when a car is cute thats bad )

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Mitsubishi Lancer +100rwkw
4" pipe out the back +20rwkw
Ralliart Sticker +80rwkw.
Burning Rice -95% sex appeal.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
So you think chicks like guys that drive stock vl, vn, vs commodores with a Holden cap and a mullet?

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Minus the cap and mullet, chicks dig guys in slightly modified Commodores (mags, wing maybe a subtle body kit) MUCH more than they dig a guy in an Excel/Accent, Lancer etc etc. A Commodore would never be considered a girls car. But the market for nealy all small japanese and Korean cars is aimed at women. Whenever I see a guy is an Excel with the seat right back, stereo thumping, and crap decals on the body, I think: "Mate, you're a wanker. And its still JUST an Excel"...

Axel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Gobbles said:
Why is it that when i tell people i paid $11500 for my vs.....which was in prime condition Series II Acclaim (still not a V8 ) they say omg your a wanker you could have gotten a skyline or 180sx for that much.....

i simply dont understand it......i would much much much much rather drive a commodore than drive a rice box......or crappy 4cyl turbo......i dont know how to explain it but i think you all know what im tlaking about when i say that......

so can someone explain to me why people think im an idiot for buying a decent car

I never heard anyone say that. In any case, who in their right mind would buy a rice box rather than a full size car?
Just treat them with the contempt they deserve.

N

NXNVR-6

Minus the cap and mullet, chicks dig guys in slightly modified Commodores (mags, wing maybe a subtle body kit) MUCH more than they dig a guy in an Excel/Accent, Lancer etc etc. A Commodore would never be considered a girls car. But the market for nealy all small japanese and Korean cars is aimed at women. Whenever I see a guy is an Excel with the seat right back, stereo thumping, and crap decals on the body, I think: "Mate, you're a wanker. And its still JUST an Excel"...

lol.. and my lancer friends wonder why girls look at them with a dirty look when they try to impress them at the lights with their CE Lancers.. while a small rev or the humm of the exhaust from a decent commodore easily turn a chicks head, of course with a smile across her face.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I Know a lot of girls who like those rice box's, but they all would rather a VX Clubbie over a REX anyday.

On a side note, some guy has been driving up and down the estate all day in an unknown car with the blowoff valve going "HAAA CHUUUUUUUUUUUUU" at 2000rpm over and over and over and over... Ugh I'm about to commit suicide, someone send me an MP3 of a V8 going nutts, I'll burn it on a cd, put my big Kenwood surround speakers outside on my porche and let it go nuts.
I'm almost curious to see what kind of car it is, it's got that rough rice box Skyline sound to the zorst, that would be an educated guess.
ARGHH There he goes again, he gets far enough away so that I can't hear the engine revving but I still hear the blowoff sneeze.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You guys have serious issues.