Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Do People Always Put **** On Commodores

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Let's not have the manual vs auto discussion again ;). Just accept that manuals are better by default and be done with it :hit: :rofl: :wave:

pimpjuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina wagon V6
Being an ex VT commodore driver my answer to ur question is... Because they are ****! You all know holden trying was dunno if they still are trying to catch up to demand for the car when they first came out. Now you see so many of them that are in crap condition. So many with leaking boots, the crappiest V6 engine on this planet and fit and finish worse than a niki 650. I had the worst ever experience with my VT and so have my mates who have a VX 2 a VY and a VS. All of them sold them after 6 months... So tell me

R

rattattack1313

pimpjuice said:
Being an ex VT commodore driver my answer to ur question is... Because they are ****! You all know holden trying was dunno if they still are trying to catch up to demand for the car when they first came out. Now you see so many of them that are in crap condition. So many with leaking boots, the crappiest V6 engine on this planet and fit and finish worse than a niki 650. I had the worst ever experience with my VT and so have my mates who have a VX 2 a VY and a VS. All of them sold them after 6 months... So tell me
musta seen you coming mate...lol..best cars on the road, the commodores!!!!
like motorcyclists, everyone has their own ideas and ideals concerning their ride....but it doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you ride!!! :yeah:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Newsflash!

Commodores now have a new engine!

I thought everyone in the entire country knew that?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Newsflash: The new engines aren't all that much better.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
You pay for what you get. The pre ecotec and the ecotec maybe crap, but look at the cost difference between one of those to a skyline engine or supra.

Although on the other hand, l've always believed that the v6 magnas (newer ones) were quicker then a commodore and they're oftern cheaper.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
The new engines aren't that much better YET.

Why?

Because the Alloytec is expected to go the distance, they can only improve it for future models. I'm sure they could push much harder than they have done for the Series 1 VZ but they want room for improvement in the future. They pushed the LS1 from 220kw or so up to 285kw in the later HSV models, and that's not including the GTO or the aftermarket mods people did to the LS1. The Alloytec is a much newer and better constructed engine than the LS1, I'm sure they can do plenty to it, although with all the newer technology I don't doubt it'll come with a price...

Oh, and my S1 VN w/ exhaust + pod was quicker than a riced up 2003 V6 Magna... Surprise!

R

rattattack1313

i have also noticed that their are a heap of chicks driving Done up Holdens and fords (not their boyfriends).
...loool..thats because their boyfriends have been busted, and have no licences..loool.......

D

Darkwander

Gobbles said:
Why is it that when i tell people i paid $11500 for my vs.....which was in prime condition Series II Acclaim (still not a V8 ) they say omg your a wanker you could have gotten a skyline or 180sx for that much.....

i simply dont understand it......i would much much much much rather drive a commodore than drive a rice box......or crappy 4cyl turbo......i dont know how to explain it but i think you all know what im tlaking about when i say that......

so can someone explain to me why people think im an idiot for buying a decent car

I am going to agree with you, it is like people saying they like the WRX's. Here is a hint , it dosnt matter how light you make it or how big a turbo is, the blood thing is still only a 2 litre...

And as my brother say's

"Only fruit juice and Milk comes in 2 litres".