Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people lower there rear more then there front!

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
. I seen one car here not long ago, drive over a speed bump an the rear spring fell out, he was lucky he wasn going to fast

how do people manage this?? i had choppers for months, not drastic low, just tucking a bit of tyre, ride as even, my shocks compressed the spring in still and it didnt pop:S

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah I have had my VR airborne in the rear a few times and the shocks never come out. Better safe then sorry though.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah I have had my VR airborne in the rear a few times and the shocks never come out. Better safe then sorry though.

It'd be a massive 'wow' if your shocks ever came out, chopped, country spec, compressed, sssl springs or whatever. Considering your shocks (shock absorbers) are bolted in, if they EVER fell out, I'd be asking the question of some serious rust around the shock mounts.

I've had compressed Ultralows in the back of my old VR (chassis was on bumpstops in the rear) not once did my springs fall out, ran V6 SSL in the back of my previous car (VU SS), and have run Pedders customs, SL, Camira's in my VP, NEVER have I once had a spring fall out!

I've seen a VN with compressed springs and when the car is jacked up, to have the rear wheel off the ground, the spring dislodged from the mount.. but thats as close as I have seen.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It'd be a massive 'wow' if your shocks ever came out, chopped, country spec, compressed, sssl springs or whatever. Considering your shocks (shock absorbers) are bolted in, if they EVER fell out, I'd be asking the question of some serious rust around the shock mounts.

I've had compressed Ultralows in the back of my old VR (chassis was on bumpstops in the rear) not once did my springs fall out, ran V6 SSL in the back of my previous car (VU SS), and have run Pedders customs, SL, Camira's in my VP, NEVER have I once had a spring fall out!

I've seen a VN with compressed springs and when the car is jacked up, to have the rear wheel off the ground, the spring dislodged from the mount.. but thats as close as I have seen.

Fail I meant springs. Facepalm. I have had the entire back of the car off the ground at 60k's and nothing but contact with the ground and it almost landing me into a tree.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
It's because the rear springs take 5 minutes to swap and the fronts take much more effort and skill. Most kids aren't up for it and so they give up after the rear springs are in. It's a demonstration of failure :p

If you told them they need a "spring compressor" - they would ask why are you blowing up the spring - I want to go lower not higher LOL

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
invisible caravan ftw!!!

vp_dumped_rear.jpg

not really, just a photoshop i did a while ago :p

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Personally I can't stand it when people lower Commodores in the rear more than the front...it makes your car look like its broken.