Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people overprice their Commodores

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VZ SV6 Commodore 5 Speed AUTO 3.6L
It's hard to let go of money, so hard. When you paid big money for a car, it takes a lot of your soul to accept that its not worth that anymore. It hurts.

I just sold a BF GTP falcon for 7k, when the dealer offered me 6k for it, my wife looked at my face and said it was like a sledgehammer hit me.
the feels bro I don't like fords but hearing you say that is just sad yes its hard to part with the money you worked so hard for

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Utes have always bought stupid money for what they are. This goes way back to the earliest tonners (well back to when they started utes in the early 60's) and nothing has changed.
so they have always been stupid expensive?

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a serious answer. Listen to the advice. You are what is wrong with every online car buy/sell/swap group.

You don’t like the car or think it’s overpriced? Don’t buy it.
and in the end we don't buy it so why does it hurt you when I just voiced my opinion but I also respect your opinion and you believe what you want believe

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep ive been trying to find a good quality VS Sedan but most these days are beat as hell already own a Alloytec so want a Ecotec

Every second comment when some poor bloke is trying to sell his pride and joy... It’s not worth it.. it’s only worth this... you’re dreaming.... what drugs you on.... I’ll give you 10k less than asking

And guarantee 90% of those comments coming from people that haven’t got more than a weeks wages in the bank.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
listen up I was just asking a question no need to get all pissed off at me mind your own business if you have nothing good to say

FYI, if you are going to report a post it's best to not reply in kind or it might seem a bit hypocritical. You asked a very open question so you will get a large range of answers.....

Joshua Pevitt

Reaction score
Members Ride
FYI, if you are going to report a post it's best to not reply in kind or it might seem a bit hypocritical. You asked a very open question so you will get a large range of answers.....
note taken sorry bout that

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Ego causes people to inflate prices based on an emotional attachment and perceived value to them, rather than what the private, or worse, commercial market, sets. I have seen on Gumtree Redline SSVs being offered for $120,000. They're not worth that, certainly not when they are riddled with roadblast, paint damage, curb-rash on wheels, worn brakes and bald tyres.

Here's a story of putting values right. When I traded my VZ in November last year, the Holden dealer offered only $1,452 trade-in for it. We sat there before him, stunned. I told my brother I was going to get the VF, sitting out in the yard "no matter what!".

We went into the pub across the road for a gin. Or two. Or three...? :rolleyes:

Big Bro was, in the 1990s a Dealer Principal at another Holden/mixed brand dealer nearby. After doing some elementary math and look-ups, brother slurped the last of the gin and dubonnet, then marched back to Holden. He confronted the Used car manager, and asked him about the trade-in he offered for the VZ, the basis and reasoning, almost collaring him in a corner of the "shack" where the important business of buying a car takes place. "Yeah, that's what I offered. And that's better than what you'd get anywhere!". Oh...my... Ha-ha-ha. Smartarse. Brother let the genie out of the bottle: he demanded a "second consideration" of the VZ, and thus the trade-in offer went from $1,452 to ... $3,300. The VF was thusly sold. And the Used Car Manager was never again friendly toward me (I am the owner, not "The Deal Maker"!). :(

Would you consider it overpriced, for something that was well looked after, no engine anomalies and all services to-spec? We considered the $1,452 trade-in a stingy insult, and were having none of it.

Looking forward, unfortunately Holden, in whatever iteration, isn't going to be viewed as favourably in value, and this applies to the top-lin models as well as the "High Street" models (the VEs, VFs, etc.). Holden is a dead brand and will be avoided in coming years, more profoundly after the 5-year parts provision timeline expires. This is the unpalatable truth many don't want to confront, but will have to. There are many, many other cars out there to own, not just Holdens.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Looking forward, unfortunately Holden, in whatever iteration, isn't going to be viewed as favourably in value, and this applies to the top-lin models as well as the "High Street" models (the VEs, VFs, etc.). Holden is a dead brand and will be avoided in coming years, more profoundly after the 5-year parts provision timeline expires. This is the unpalatable truth many don't want to confront, but will have to. There are many, many other cars out there to own, not just Holdens.

There are many other cars out there, but Holden's still hold a place for a lot of us.