Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do v8 guys seem so unhappy

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Sydney....

Premium doesn't go down in price as quick as lower octanes.

Getz was doing 400km per tank when got it now sorted out does 500-550 per tank on premium.

Vp ute still going to get that v8 conversion just need time & place to do it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Far out Deuce, last I heard you blokes were paying $2 a litre. Obviously the price hike in the last two months has hit you blokes as well. Our fuel has gone up over 12c a litre in the last six weeks. Are you lucky enough to have cycling? We don't have it in Tas. Our fuel prices only head in one direction.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Am paying 2.299/litre 95 premium in the Manawatu, NZ at the local self-service Allied Fuel pumps.
According to our fearless PM Jacinda Ardern, the fuel companies are fleecing the consumer whilst she imposes a 3.5c/l tax at the pump
bringing the govt levy/tax to about 70c/l petrol with another forecast 3.5c/l this time next year.
The govt don't care as their GST (grab,snatch & take or govt sanctioned theft) tax revenue is going through the roof.. :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I'm paying 1.74 for 95 at Woolworths go to Coles and they want 1.80 and WW over here in Tas give you 6c a litre off with a grocery docket and another 4c if you spend 5 bucks, which I buy my $30 phone credit once a month and get 10c a litre off.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Am paying 2.299/litre 95 premium in the Manawatu, NZ at the local self-service Allied Fuel pumps.
According to our fearless PM Jacinda Ardern, the fuel companies are fleecing the consumer whilst she imposes a 3.5c/l tax at the pump
bringing the govt levy/tax to about 70c/l petrol with another forecast 3.5c/l this time next year.
The govt don't care as their GST (grab,snatch & take or govt sanctioned theft) tax revenue is going through the roof.. :(

That's not bad, I just topped off the Calais as it was 10c off day and it was still NZ$2.459/L for 98.

As much as it hurts at the pump, it is well past due that the government gets down to fixing a lot of **** due to decades of under funding. National could have sorted a lot of this **** but instead gave the rich/business tax cuts. Don't forget that National raised the excise tax 3 times whilst in power and raised GST to 15% but I guess that was ok because John Key did it with that ghastly smile on his face (whilst fantasizing about that pony tail).

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I'm putting $150 of fuel in my 6 cylinder every day. :(

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm putting $150 of fuel in my 6 cylinder every day. :(

Wholl that's more than I earn in a day. Here I am thinking poor me, I can only head to my second home once a week to make sure everything is ok, because fuel is 50 bucks there and back. I'm a lucky one.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Wholl that's more than I earn in a day. Here I am thinking poor me, I can only head to my second home once a week to make sure everything is ok, because fuel is 50 bucks there and back. I'm a lucky one.

You have seen his "6 cylinder" haven't you ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ok derrrr, i just worked it out lol. Yeah well my 2cyl uses 7L every 10mins and it burns a **** load of oil........ Yet it is in surprisingly good cond, for a 76. Even though its only 2 cyls it puts a smile on my face every time i drive it. My guess is Sabbath isn't paying the fuel bill on his 6 cyl.

Last edited: