Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do v8 guys seem so unhappy

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
. My guess is Sabbath isn't paying the fuel bill on his 6 cyl.
Yeah...unfortunatly I do pay the fuel bill. Haven't been game enough to fill all 3 tanks to the top.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
That's not bad, I just topped off the Calais as it was 10c off day and it was still NZ$2.459/L for 98.

As much as it hurts at the pump, it is well past due that the government gets down to fixing a lot of **** due to decades of under funding. National could have sorted a lot of this **** but instead gave the rich/business tax cuts. Don't forget that National raised the excise tax 3 times whilst in power and raised GST to 15% but I guess that was ok because John Key did it with that ghastly smile on his face (whilst fantasizing about that pony tail).

The GST is really just a tax on the poor. Governments would rather tax the poor than to smack the cunts who are really ******* the country up, because those big, powerful companies up top donate to political parties to buy policy. The media is in on it too, pretty much any newspaper that depends upon advertising to stay afloat is going to be in support of tax cuts to big companies, because their donors want it.

grampva.png

We're going through the looking-glass here, people.

Also, to contribute and respond to OP? Perhaps the reason why "V8 drivers look unhappy" Is because they don't want obnoxious, insufferable dickheads ruining their day?

my-two-cents.jpg

But I guess that's just my $0.02.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Actually this applies to many car guys

Why so many people with great cars look so unhappy.
You cruise along beside them, give them a smile and a thumbs up and they give u the deadest looks.

I know we all have crappy days, but...

also a good v6 sounds better than a good v8

only on the account that when you make a 'vroom' sound with your mouth/tongue/lips it sounds most like a v6. (imo)
v6 is a much more friendly and appealing sound
whereas v8 is angry and foreboding

Perhaps it's that character of the v8 that the driver inherits.
I dunno xd, just an observation over the past year or so
your opinion is sucked out your ass and backfired passed your lips. Grrrrrrrrroooowwlllll rules...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Sydney....

Premium doesn't go down in price as quick as lower octanes.

Getz was doing 400km per tank when got it now sorted out does 500-550 per tank on premium.

Vp ute still going to get that v8 conversion just need time & place to do it.
You put premium in a Getz?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
First week in a 2l 4 cylinder , just worked out ruffly from Sunday arvo to this arvo ( bit over 24l in new daily, would have been almost 49l in maloo, 95 in maloo , 91 in Hyundai = savings approx $43) , that brings a smile .
After a few tank fulls I want to try 98 and 95 and see if it makes any difference ( feel perspective ) , more measurable (maybe) range.

Going to try and resist using maloo for a few weeks , already imagine it'll bring one continual smile when I get in it.

Pulled up next to a very cranky sounding HQ 1 tonner yesterday , was going to give thumbs up and then ( unfortunately thought of OP comments) ( curse him) (and remembered I was in a Hyundai ) , so didn't.
Wish I had it looked and sounded fantastic.

The other week was following one of those maloo GTSRs , looked great, sounded great , he obviously wasn't giving it anything at all .
Pulled up next to him, gave him the thumbs up , we both smiled and went our separate ways.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The GST is really just a tax on the poor. Governments would rather tax the poor than to smack the cunts who are really ******* the country up, because those big, powerful companies up top donate to political parties to buy policy. The media is in on it too, pretty much any newspaper that depends upon advertising to stay afloat is going to be in support of tax cuts to big companies, because their donors want it.

grampva.png

We're going through the looking-glass here, people.

Also, to contribute and respond to OP? Perhaps the reason why "V8 drivers look unhappy" Is because they don't want obnoxious, insufferable dickheads ruining their day?

my-two-cents.jpg

But I guess that's just my $0.02.

I disagree, GST is probably one of the more fairer taxes as everybody pays it and the more you spend the more you pay so it does not disadvantage the poor in that regard. Now the taxing of companies is a whole different kettle of fish, especially those that use overseas tax jurisdictions to "minimise" taxes locally....

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually this applies to many car guys

Why so many people with great cars look so unhappy.
You cruise along beside them, give them a smile and a thumbs up and they give u the deadest looks.

I know we all have crappy days, but...

also a good v6 sounds better than a good v8

only on the account that when you make a 'vroom' sound with your mouth/tongue/lips it sounds most like a v6. (imo)
v6 is a much more friendly and appealing sound
whereas v8 is angry and foreboding

Perhaps it's that character of the v8 that the driver inherits.
I dunno xd, just an observation over the past year or so

Yeah/nah, maybe sound better if it's a Ferrari dino v6 on full song but then they'd be extra cranky because of what it costs them for everything = maintenance, insurance , cost to actually buy( opps I could have put a absolutely huge deposit on a house).

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also V6 makes me cranky , ha ha ha, = as in I wish I owned , one , said Ferrari V6 dino motor but surrounded by a Lancia Stratos, (now that would bring a smile as wide as my house block )!!!

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pulled up next to a very cranky sounding HQ 1 tonner yesterday , was going to give thumbs up and then ( unfortunately thought of OP comments) ( curse him) (and remembered I was in a Hyundai ) , so didn't.
Wish I had it looked and sounded fantastic.

Doesn't matter what you're in, see a nice car and get the chance = thumbs up everytime.