Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Do you Drive A VR/VS??

Why do yu own a VR/VS Commodore?

• Total voters

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
vr/vs statesmans just have a realll nice look. great to work on once you get to know em. cheapish, and ahhh yeah for now it has all the luxuries i need

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
How could you go past a 97 clubsport for $5900 with reciepts for over 20 grand in the last 2 years that he owned it :)

i bet you go past alot of other cars now (sideways)

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
VS because of its great balance of sexy old school commodore styling, in a relatively light body, with a V6 thats new enough to have a good balance of technology and balls... without needing a degree to be able to do all of your own mechanical work on them. There will be about a decade worth of spare ecotecs/l67's available for them in the future. If I wanted V8 tho I'd prob have to put a gen3 in one.

New cars have a lot of cool wanky bits (traction control, ESC) which would be great to have but I'm not changing from a VS until they can release a lighter commodore again. I'd swap my engine out for a newer engine if they release something special... but I wont get a heavier car just for a more powerful engine, it defeats the purpose. VL commodores are still the quickest around and will probably never be topped because the cars keep getting heavier! Having said that, I wouldn't own another first gen commodore again unless I did it as a weekend toy with an L67 or gen3 and newer model dash conversion.
I plan on keeping my VS and would always own another VS.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
Bought my VR as the opportunity arose and i was looking for a cheap car....found it on a trip home from driving to another town to look for cars over a weekend.

This car created a sudden interest in cars/commodores that i previously didnt have and has been great to learn how to modify it.

After checking out commodores flat out since then ..... out of all the models i would surely by another vr\vs (would be a vs actually) cause i love the shape BUT .... it would have to be a clubsport, senator or gts... or an ss (the white one with red strip...vr)

Last edited:

lyndon_breeze

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Holden VS Executive Sedan
why do i

i had a vs fall into my lap, never thought anything of it, then 900 later and my red p's, and just loved the car so much, and doing it up, and its a car before electronics infected it to much, so its like middle of primative and too advance just right:lock: