Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does my VZ Do this

Vzille

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Whys my VZ doing this?
Hey guys,
Okay few question about my VZ Executive

1. Why does it putter away from stop start? aka stopped at lights then foot down to take off the putters away barely goes anywhere the finally kicks in and goes.

2. At gear changes fan belt seems to squeal, mostly on high rev gear changes. Why does this happen?

3. At 110km car vibrates and gets worse faster you go?

4. Between 75km and 85km doesn't know wether to change up or down?

Any help would be great 

Tim_in_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SX6 Adventra
Give us some more stats
V6 or V8??, 175kw/V6 alloytec i'm guessing...
How many ks.....?
4 speed or 5 speed auto?
service history....?
Could be fuel/coils/basic tune.... how have you been driving it.....??:poke:

Vzille

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
2004 V6 alloytec 200,000kms, drive it hard everynow and then but nothing to mayjor

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
1. Why does it putter away from stop start? aka stopped at lights then foot down to take off the putters away barely goes anywhere the finally kicks in and goes.

Hard to tell unless someone's there with you. The Alloytec isnt like the Ecotec, it does take "some time to wind up". theres heaps of threads about its sluggish down low etc.

2. At gear changes fan belt seems to squeal, mostly on high rev gear changes. Why does this happen?

When your really thrashing it it happens, because the coolant pump cant slow down quick enough when the shift happens, so the belt slips on the pulley until the 2 sync again. Just watch your tacho, you'll see the needle suddenly drop revs at the change.

3. At 110km car vibrates and gets worse faster you go?

Could be wheel alignment. Could be rim balance. Could be front hubs

Thats normal for the 4 speed gearbox, just pick what speed you want (I assume your trying to sit on 80 for an 80kph road) and keep it there. Tapping the accelerator readies the car to move, so it shifts down ready to pull ahead, but then when you back off it re-adjusts itself, shifts forward and runs with it.

Vzille

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanx alot Torquative clears up most of it.
Could vibration be caused by **** tires?
Yea i heard they dont have the same pick up, but it shouldnt putter should it? cause you can phyically hear it putter away that finally kicks in.
so no way to stop belt squeal?

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
one the reasons you cold be getting belt squeal is probably because the drive belt main tensioner assembly is going. My old VS had the same problem and the belt flew off because off it and that same problem caused it putter off and then kick in

Vzille

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Great now my power steering pump has stuffed up and man is sh*t to turn with out power steering (Not Happy)

6h84eva

Certifiably Holden Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.ithome.net.nz
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6
I've driven a VY S which was real bad on takeoff (stuttered, puttered and generally just thought about moving rather than doing it) until I turned off the TC. Noted better takeoff in my VZ SV6 when I did the same thing....and it's also possible to really get those tyres smoking wildly in this state!

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
this is sort off normal if its not way too abvious, what i mean by this is,
lets say your crusing at 75km then you decide to pick up speed to takeover, the car hesitates to pick up speed and change gears.
if you have to plant your foot inorder to get it to pick up speed and change gear then it may be your torque converter.
is there a vibration throughout the car at that speed between 75 -85km?
if so its more likly to be your torque converter.

hope i helped :)
Cheers
Dave