Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does the temp gauge always read hot

andrewownsavp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5.0ltr
replaced my cooling system all nearly radiator thermostat temp sensor all the hoses for cooling system fan works and it reads hot after like 20mins of driving what could it be the only other thing i can think is replace the oxygen sensor and i got the cooling system checked it was all working ok.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Thats a bit uncalled for! Looks like you've learned your punctuation from the internet...

Anyway, it can be a number of things. You can have a blown head gasket. Have you checked theres no oil in your radiator or coolant in the oil? If there isnt any id reccomend a pressure test. Sometimes a head gasket can blow between cylinders.

Usually if you've got a dud oxy sensor the ECU will run in open loop which will make the engine run rich which usally makes it run cooler. Leaning out will make it run hot. Also check your trouble codes for codes like engine running lean or short or long term fuel trims differ.

I would reccomend a cylinder pressure test before you go any further, but check your trouble codes first