Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does the VN sound like a vacuum cleaner?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah man, keen to see the swap.

Also, maybe try to be less angry with people who are making suggestions and posting ideas to try and help you. When you ask on a forum, you have to expect lots of different ideas, thats the whole point.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
... nice theory butttttttttttttt
I have a VN motor in a EK Panelvan and is breaths like nothing else, and for some unrelated reason i put the more standard filter on it from a VN Wagon.... and guess what. It still breaths like nothing else
So you can take your stupid theory, reclall all your E-Mails to the pod filter companys telling them that their cheap crappy filters make cars sound like vacuums,and leave
Kthxbai

You write in riddles mate, I can barely understand what you're saying. So does it have a standard VN system back on it now? Or pod filter?

My "stupid theory" is spot on. A pod filter is a lot noisier than a factory airbox, whether it came from a "VN wagon" or not, or whether it's in an "EK panelvan" or not. I've owned a VN V6 and changed it from the factory air box to a pod filter and the air induction noise was horrendous. I changed it back to the original box and it was barely noticeable. I've also done the same experiment with an EFI 355 stroker and guess what, sounded like a vacuum cleaner but with a better exhaust note :)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Maybe post a vid of it running @Burning rubber.

Might help everyone understand what you are trying to explain.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They are.

Sigh, the joys of home ownership and fitting new carpet. Lol

Dyson's are useless...... They have very little suction compared to a decent vacuum. Only people that rave about Dyson's are those who own them because they think, because they spent a 800 bucks on a vac means they have bought the best....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
fitting new carpet.

That's where you're doing it wrong.....need more timber & tiles

DSCN5390.jpg

DSCN5488.jpg

nocrust

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP wagon
Profile pic sitting in a commodore most likely a VN. Is that your missus ? maybe she brought a vacume and that noise your hearing is her cleaning the house. .

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Dyson's are useless...... They have very little suction compared to a decent vacuum. Only people that rave about Dyson's are those who own them because they think, because they spent a 800 bucks on a vac means they have bought the best....
Oh, in that case please recommend. (I also didn't spend anywhere near that on it)
The other reason i like it is because it has survived many years of abose. My mate laughed once while i was vacuuming because i am so rough, thats when i coined my new phrase 'vacuum to kill'

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Feeling your pain there Deuce. Another 3-4 months and we will be getting minus 12s, with water pipes frozen until 11am, unless you leave them dripping....