Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why dont people sell their copies of the Holden Service Information Package?

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
ok i have a question, i have seen alot of people post pictures of the official holden service package (SIP they call it) but have said very strongly that they dont want to post the whole thing.

my question is why not? is it illegal to have? can i go to jail?

the reason i ask is i have a copy of it i got from 'someone' who worked for 'some company' that 'blah blah blah'...
basically its an unlocked version of the full manual that the holden guys look at when you take your cars to them, it has no registration etc and i got told it is pretty rare. it is complete from vt-vz including rodeo, barina, all W range models too (statesman)

if i give it to people without charge is that still illegal? obviously holden dont want anyone to have it, i know it has helped me alot getting parts off etc and the proper way of doing things.

just wondering what i should do??

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
well thats what im trying to get at, if i sell it to people will i get in **** from holden or even worse the police? :| there is no trace to the person i got it from and there is no way to trace how many copies there are (no registration needed etc). i know how much it has helped me with just interior stuff so people who take apart engines and bumpers and stuff would help so much more i reckon

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
i know it doesnt answer your question but id pay for a copy.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
haha i think there would be a few people that would.
i think i wanna sus it out a bit more before i start, what is a reasonable price people would pay?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
if i were you i wouldnt be advertising that you have an illegal copy on YOUR computer....
its called piracy and can cost you thousands PER COPY that you have or have distributed elsewhere, same as if you burnt a DVD, you get caught with it you get the fine.

but chances of getting caught are pretty slim... unless you flaunt it around that you have it like you did in this post

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
id pay probably $50-$150 for a copy mate.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
well for all anyone knows i got it legally from somewhere. im not trying to make a million dollars, just help people on this site n stuff.

and if you dont make money off it its not illegal, it is just copying something that is mine and giving it as a 'gift'

but i see what you mean mate, ill try and keep my head down lol

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well admitting on a public forum that you have a cracked copy isnt the best way to keep things on the down low... cos if the cops do come knocking on your door after seeing this i can garuantee you will end up in court cos you dont have any proof of where you legally purchased it... doubt that holden would go easy on the charges either

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
alot of people have it on this site and other sites, im not pointing fingers but do you really think they would come door knocking for a kid with an illegal copy of something? im sure there are other people with illegal movies that they could worry about more, and if they cant prove im selling it for money then they cant do anything.

here is a link to some screen shots of how the program works,

holden SIP pictures by esca_photo - Photobucket

they are numbered for the order in which i took them through the program.