Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why i got a new ss series 2

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi everyone noob here from sunny Perth.

Firstly ive spent a couple days on this forum and really like all the help full info.
Secondly and shock horror im a FORD boy through and through, so heres why i bought into the Red Team..

Growing up i was Ford born and raised , i can remember mum driving me to kindy in her 67 XR phase 2 Gt, that was about 1979. So you can see where im coming from, all the Bathurst races i watched with Dad cheering on Dick Johnson, booing Peter Brock. Most of all though im a very proud Australian and it never upset me when Peter Brock won the odd race here and there, though the Old man was devastated for days after....When we all heard a few years ago that both Holden and Ford were stopping production of their iconic cars, i thought to myself, im gonna buy one and ill never sell it Naturally it was all set a nice new XR8 fgx Sitting in the garage would do me just nicely, and we could all live happily ever after as i had my piece of motoring history.

Well it didnt quit plan out like that , as ive just joined this great forum, so i walked into a Ford dealership in Perth they had a blue 6 speed manual, test drove it, liked it, sales rep said right sir that car can be yours for 69K drive away. Now although i could afford that i thought to myself, the Interier is from 2008 FG it didnt have self parking, bugger all Multi Media, all it had really was the GT platform, it was 1900kg as well and to be honest its a car only ya mother could love, my tuned XR6 Turbo FG was heaps more appealing.S o i didnt buy it on emotion, i decided to wait then two weeks later was at my aunties for a coffee and bumped into cousin Gavin, told him and Gavin is the worlds biggest Holden fan. He said well why not test drive a new ss Commodore, i said your on ####ing drugs mate and Gavin said see past Holden and Ford bullshit for a minute and test one out, Its Australian designed and built and they both use American drive trains so same same.

So Saturday morning rocked up to Holden dealership with my FPV hat on and said to sales rep i wanna test drive Holdens new SS Commodore, and it will take alot to convince me to buy it. Anyway i bought one i got the ss , I wanted the redline but with the money save i was able to put 20 inch tyre package Wlakinshaw 375 pack and Blackout kit.. This is the deal i got..

2015 December build Slipstream Blue SS commodore sedan
Wlakinshaw 375 package
Blackout Kit
And the dealer threw in
1 years rego in stead of 6 months
a rear spoiler in stead of standard lip spoiler
5 years Warranty over two years, and 5 years roadside.
price $57.000 DRIVE AWAY. is this a good price?

When i drove the reps car that had a Walkinshaw kit on it , i could tell it added more grunt, but for 6.500 to get an extra 71 Kilowatts? not sure about that but it does add grunt like i say and sounds **** hot so 6.500 aint to bad. When its all said and done im glad to be behind the wheel of an Aussie designed , built muscle car the last of a generation be it Holden or Ford, and we all know what weve got to look forward to dont we.. shame damn shame..

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
That's made me Straya day... thanks mate!

vess09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF R8 Clubsport
Good to hear, I did theFford to Holden swap 10 years ago and haven't looked back, now on my forth Holden and third V8

Steveaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
A lot of us floating around now, was Blue through and through...until it came to upgrade time and the comparison of what the FGX had to offer compared to the SS. Whacked on an exhaust system, OTR and tune and couldn't be more thrilled I bought it. Best car I've owned.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Thanks guys , yeah im glad i did the switch..
I should get it Thursday or Friday. Pics when i can

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
Ford gave up on developing the Falcon as a genuine competitor to the Commodore a few years back. It just hasn't been given a fighting chance and although the engine is their strength they just let the Falcon die on the vine from lack of improvements, hence importing the Mustang to give them something to take to market.
I was also a Ford man through and through but the Commodore is now light years ahead.

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Thats true, the Holden is light years ahead and i too believe Ford gave up on Falcon long ago..

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
I looked at the XR6T as a competitor to the VFII but the lack of features and cheap, tacky interior turned me off. Very pleased with my decision also :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
FG was genuinely competitive, but that was the end of it.

And ... $69k?!?! How does $53k list-price become $69k on the road, especially if they're struggling to move them?!

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
When i drove the reps car that had a Walkinshaw kit on it , i could tell it added more grunt, but for 6.500 to get an extra 71 Kilowatts? not sure about that but it does add grunt like i say and sounds **** hot so 6.500 aint to bad. When its all said and done im glad to be behind the wheel of an Aussie designed , built muscle car the last of a generation be it Holden or Ford, and we all know what weve got to look forward to dont we.. shame damn shame..

They get you with that price because you get to keep you new 5 year warranty that you just mentioned ;,if you mod it elsewhere blah blah blah, you know.