Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why i got a new ss series 2

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Joining you on the red side too, the switch to the LS3 was the clincher, SSV-Redline delivery in Mar. Have a 2008 G6 with many mods, didn't want spend 50k+ on the same interior with a touch screen and I am fan of naturally aspirated power. Have to pull my head in a bit after bagging out 20" wheels for years, but $1500 for forged alloys too good to pass up. 40 sleeps to go!

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Damn it, cannot add up 50 sleeps to go

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Because Ford are playing on the whole its the last ever Falcon and had a GT drivetrain, yes they do list them for 54k
Go into a dealer in Perth see if you can drive out at that price. Car i drove too was a manual, Ford arnt doing Manual anymore theyve run out of Gearboxs ive been told

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
One thing i found with my 2010 FG XR6 Turbo manual was the gearshifts were ****, unless you know how to change properly they clunk and just hate it

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Joining you on the red side too, the switch to the LS3 was the clincher, SSV-Redline delivery in Mar. Have a 2008 G6 with many mods, didn't want spend 50k+ on the same interior with a touch screen and I am fan of naturally aspirated power. Have to pull my head in a bit after bagging out 20" wheels for years, but $1500 for forged alloys too good to pass up. 40 sleeps to go!

Why wait till march? you waiting on a 2016 build

gfl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Tourer
Ordered 21 Dec 2015, wanted 2016 plate so it's the waiting game.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I made the switch from blue to red as well about 2 years ago. I haven't regretted it at all.

Also coming from turbo falcons, I really wish the 6litre would rev more but you soon get used to it.
Inside, the VF are much nicer rides.

Well done on your purchase.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
I actually like the Ford driveline and exterior. The old interior and wanting a wagon sealed the VF for me.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I made the switch from blue to red as well about 2 years ago. I haven't regretted it at all.

Also coming from turbo falcons, I really wish the 6litre would rev more but you soon get used to it.
Inside, the VF are much nicer rides.

Well done on your purchase.

It's a shame you had to choose. I have a few of each. Good points in both red and blue

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Agree totally.
The interior of the VF and features of the Redline were what sold me. Though I would have loved a Coyote.

I suspect I will be blue again in 18 months as the Mustang will be hard to resist.