Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why I would not buy a GM product again

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Well that sucks for you. I hate it when business do that **** to duck out of doing **** or paying bills.
They knew they were shutting down so did not give a ****. They used to hang up on me when I asked about if they are going to fix the bumper...
Manager and dealer principal never bothered to respond...

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
In some weird way I still love the car...
So much fun to drive every day !

My previous VE SV6 SIDI was perfect. I had it for 6 yrs since new and never had any issues. And guess what...I never really loved it...It was just A to B kinda deal...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

My previous VE SV6 SIDI was perfect. I had it for 6 yrs since new and never had any issues. And guess what...I never really loved it...It was just A to B kinda deal...
Sounds like you have fallen victim to the IKEA effect ;) You have had to put a lot of work into this car due to all the issues so you feel a more stronger connection to it LOL Maybe that is Holden's plan bahaha :)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I wouldn't want your list of problems and I must say I've been luckier than you, I've had some minor problems but I see that from all vehicle manufacturers.

I won't ever buy another new GM product as they don't make an affordable V8 for the Aussie market.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I don't think your problems are that bad except for the engine slap but currently have that with my Redline and they say it is normal.

I also had a faulty injector which throws a lot of codes.

The ESP and steering codes are nothing to worry about as these can be affected by the person driving the car.

I could list the issues with my first VF which had so many issues and one that was never fixed while I had it was the EPS.

My other VF didn't get home from the dealer after the engine rocker arm **** itself.

As for other makes of vehicles, I'm sure there are issues too.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
every car has its issues and the depreciation/resale shows this.

id buy a zl1, c8, colorado if money wasnt an issue.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I don't think your problems are that bad except for the engine slap but currently have that with my Redline and they say it is normal.

I also had a faulty injector which throws a lot of codes.

The ESP and steering codes are nothing to worry about as these can be affected by the person driving the car.

I could list the issues with my first VF which had so many issues and one that was never fixed while I had it was the EPS.

My other VF didn't get home from the dealer after the engine rocker arm **** itself.

As for other makes of vehicles, I'm sure there are issues too.

In isolation it is possible for these things to occur at some point...but on on a brand new car is 2.5yrs. It is not acceptable...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Your post demonstrates the difference between the designers and engineers who love cars and design them to be enjoyed and appreciated, and production line employees who may or may not care about the standard of their work, bean counters who screw the cost of components to the lowest common denominator, capped off by service personnel who just don't give a damn. The result? Good cars screwed up by incompetents.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

And we all know the reason for that....2 extra cylinders and 2.6 extra litres.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
every car has its issues and the depreciation/resale shows this.
Every model, maybe, not every car.
While my dad got Commodores & Falcons as company-cars because when he wasn't the owner the problems didn't bother him, but for Mum & my grandma etc it was always Toyotas. Mum had an ex-Dad's-company-car '77 Cressida with no warranty claims or repairs until 1992 when it was replaced by a similarly trouble-free Civic … Nanna was getting a Corolla about every 5 years 'til she stopped driving, and nothing ever needed more than servicing.

I guess those are cases of the production line workers actually caring whereas the engineers & designers frankly didn't care about anything at all … I learned to drive on Mum's Cressida, it got named Lurch by my school mates due to it's handling, um, prowess. :)