Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why is my car 15mm higher on one side?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
social the weight of the car will compress a shocker very quickly you can do it with your hands, could be thrashed strut tops like said above only thing i can really think of

VRSS, if you hit a kerb hard enough and you BEND THE SHOCKER (dent the houseing itself), it can prevent the shocker from full retracting, so it wont go lower than the bend in it, it has happened before and is still a possibility. Id like to see you compress a prety bent shocker properly...

jamaar4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
When you lower a vs with IRS the axel shifts to one side so one side will normally be higher than the other.. you can buy an adjustable panhard rod for about 80bucks and its a D.I.Y installation job so that will probs make your car sit evenly

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
ahhhhh a vs with IRS doesnt have a panhard rod or an axle (solid)... im sorry to be a smartass

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
When you lower a vs with IRS the axel shifts to one side so one side will normally be higher than the other.. you can buy an adjustable panhard rod for about 80bucks and its a D.I.Y installation job so that will probs make your car sit evenly

Back to the drawing board for you, panhard rods are non-existent with IRS.

Plus, panhard rods have nothing to do with un-even ride height, and this topic is about the front suspension. People really need to gets their facts straight and read the question before contributing information!

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
my mate has a vt with the same thing and he said that his spring popped out when he went over the train lines heaps fast, dont know if that happens though?

That can happen if you dont match your springs and shocks, your spring requires compression at all times even full droop.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
My car is lowered with pedders sports ryder .... and i found that the rear right sits lower than the rear left .... after noticing this i took the car back to pedders to ask them about it ..... they tested and it was out by 5mm ( they wondered how i noticed)

Only options was to put in a 10mm spacer (dont have them in 5mm) which would only cause the other side to then be out by 5. I find it kind of annoying as i would prefer it even instead of slightly wonky.

i've been told that when the production of the springs takes place there can always be slight variations to ones that should be the same.

The difference in yours OP must be very annoying .... being such a big difference in ride height.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I had a VR that was the exact same, higher by 15-20mm on the passengers side, I replaced every suspension component and it didn't fix it, I ended up putting it down as the body of the car was actually leaning to one side not sure, maybe since there was only 1 person in the car most of its life? get a wheel alignment done and that should be able to tell you if there's something really messed up with the body of your car.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Anyone recon the possibility of extremely worn engine mounts could be the cause?

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
Anyone recon the possibility of extremely worn engine mounts could be the cause?

i had new engine mounts put in less than 2 months ago, so that isnt it....

i have talked to some guys on the VT-VX board and they said that pedders designed them like that??...wat do you reckon??...

actually i know it's definately not that now,

if anyone has this problem, check your
progressive rate of the spring, (should be at the top. (obviously.).....dunno......check it out...)
springs are sitting in the correct housing.

anyone wanna add to this list?...

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
considered swapping the springs for another pair?