Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why is my vx taking so much petrol?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
hmm but if she fills up a $100 a couple of days later then the gauge isnt reading wrong.. she is actually using alot of fuel..

does your car run rough or anything??

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
is there any leakages from under the car? like if you go to work one morning after the cars been sitting over night and see a pool of liquid???

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Could be other physical factors like low air pressure in all four tyres, wheels out of alignment, or you are carrying too much unnecessary junk in the car? a heavy car generally needs more power to push it? I eliminated the spare tyre cradle but retroffitted a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit, a basic tools box and an over night bag in the car. Travel light...

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
if you're using 60ltrs of fuel ever few days I'd be looking for a puddle on the ground somewhere.

You don't live near bogans do you? (Stealing your fuel)

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
damn...didnt think that someone might be siphoning off your fuel. seriously, the fuel flap on the VX is as much help as a lead parachute. its easy to open and get free go go juice. My friend's Nissan got siphoned this way too by some 'illegals' but a swift kick to the head (and some bruises later) scared them off

justagirl86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
No, there is never a puddle anywhere. and I highly doubt anyone is stealing the petrol.. I park my car in front of 2 other cars..

I think it could be a factor of the wheel alignment, coz it pulls to the left alot, and maybe the tyre pressure.. but I don't understand how to put the air in the tyres without over doing it..

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
fill your car and reset the trip meter or write down the kilomters. when you refill it write the kilometers down again.
what you need to do is work out how many liters per 100 kilometers your doing. if you put in 80 liters and youve gone 700 kilometers you divide 80 by 7. this will give you 11.4 liters per 100 ks. if your in the city with lots a stop and start its not too bad depending on how you drive.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
If i drive all local my av is poor at about 16-17 liters. combine and i can get about 10.8 - 12.5.

Do what others have said, check you don't have light fingers around your place. Check for dropping fuel. check error codes, check plugs filters. if you have done the fuel pump sender unit. head off to an auto elec. the full unit will be replaced as of VT II they changed the system. you will be looking at about $260 or so to replace the fuel pump. but still something like that might not be the issue if it's drinking to much fuel. so as above write down your km's travel and fuel used next time you fill up, and go from there.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Also if you have the standard wheels, i would be putting about 36psi into your tires, make sure they are cold when you do it though. By cold i mean dont drive it for a few hours and go to the closest servo. Use your trip computer to see how many kms you are getting each tank.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I thought i would throw another one in there o2 sensors could be fuged.