Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why no supply to Engine fan relay?

hildahoop

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive wagon s2
My engine fan doesn't come on at all not with the air con on and not even when the gauge is nearing red. I bridged out the relay and the fan does work. where does the power for the coil side of the relay come from is it the ecu? is there a common earth or something else that would mean neither of the 2 relays or the aircon brings in the fan?
what will happen if i just leave a bridge in the engine fan relay to keep it working?

Ps my aircon is only working on position 3 and 4. I have heard about the resistor block (although I couldn't find it under the glove box) could this be a related problem?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive had the same problem when the cooling fan on my VSV6 was not coming on, I couldnt find anything wrong,I spent hours and hours on it,looking for the cause,and it turned out to be the ECU was stuffed.The ECU regulates the cooling fan.Also the heater fan resister block is not under the glove box,its under the black plastic cover below the wipers,just remove the wiper arms, remove the big plastic nuts from the wiper pivots, and then unclip the cover and remove it..Under this cover,just to the left of centre(passenger side),theres a small cover with 2 screws holding it in place.The resistor block is under this cover,just remove the screws,unplug the wiring connector, and remove it.