Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why so much moisture?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Despite the fuel pump I got the car started this morning but there was a massive amount of condensation coming out the exhaust pipe.

Lately its been doing this alot, its not just the normal cold morning condensation, its an abnormal amount.

What could be causing this? Could moisture be getting into the engine or cylinders somehow?

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
1991_Vn2nV said:
Despite the fuel pump I got the car started this morning but there was a massive amount of condensation coming out the exhaust pipe.

Lately its been doing this alot, its not just the normal cold morning condensation, its an abnormal amount.

What could be causing this? Could moisture be getting into the engine or cylinders somehow?
I would be checking that the radiator level is not dropping as this is an indication of headgasket leakage.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
The radiator level is not dropping and no bubbles in the coolant under the radiator cap.

But there is a leak in the coolant somewhere, my cars been sitting for 2 days and I noticed a small amount of coolant on the ground under the car...

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
welch plugs.. try some coolent stop leak.. Worked for me

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
xcop5l said:
have you been to any dodgy servos lately??
you may have water in your tank

I last filled up at the servo I work at... and we dont sell petrol from a tank if there is under 5000L left just in case there is any water in the tank. Tank dips are done daily and tested for water so it wouldnt be that.

I've booked my car in to get a pressure test and everything Thursday... will see how it goes.

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Don't forget that blown headgaskets can also weap. Especially when cold.