Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why ute's? whats the appeal?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Very handy to chuck the camping gear/bikes/tools in the back without getting **** dirty. Also they are a few grand cheaper brand new and most people rarely have a third passenger in the car anyway. Thats why the leather in the back seat of my 1997 statesman is brand new and the drivers seat is worn to buggery

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Because utes are awsome, look hot dumped and dont have to be a taxi for ya mates either :p

No, u just get asked to pick all your mates junk up for them instead :p Utes are just sexier than sedans, always have been (with the exception of the VE ute which is puke worthy)

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
The ute doesnt weigh anywhere near what a sedan does so for some its a way of buying a 2 door HSV.......

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
No, u just get asked to pick all your mates junk up for them instead :p Utes are just sexier than sedans, always have been (with the exception of the VE ute which is puke worthy)

^^^^ For this reason, they attract women... we'll skip over the fact I drive a sedan :S

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute

haha true that, cept thats when i give them a certain gesture :p

My first ute was a vs v6 and i mainly got that so i didnt have to cart mates around then kinda just loved black holden utes and now have stuck with it :D

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Another plus for utes is resale value. The utes seem to hold their value a lot more than sedans and wagons.

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Never saw the point in a 2WD ute, may as well buy a wagon and take the back seats out.