Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why you should avoid cheap fuel injectors!

MACE

Reaction score
It's a little daunting thinking there's people selling injectors that flow as inconsistent as these. So many problems arise from inferior injectors. i.e tuning difficulties and dangerous lean outs.

We only stock genuine, flow matched units! The reasons are pretty clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZU5lKeaQvQ

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I have 8x super6 injectors from you, and I thought they were quite 'cheap'
These ebay **** ones must have been damn near free to tempt someone to purchase.
Interesting to see how bad a knockoff can be.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
don't you normally just get reco injectors? Last injectors I replaced I dropped them off, had them cleaned on his special machine and new o'rings fitted. I think it cost me 20 or 25 an injector.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
don't you normally just get reco injectors? Last injectors I replaced I dropped them off, had them cleaned on his special machine and new o'rings fitted. I think it cost me 20 or 25 an injector.

That is an option if you are not upgrading to make more POWA, also there are advantages to upgrading to later model style injectors in some instances.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That is an option if you are not upgrading to make more POWA, also there are advantages to upgrading to later model style injectors in some instances.

Any upgrade injectors available for the VR V6? Also if yes would it be worth it, better economy or increase in power? BTW what does POWA mean? I Googled it and nothing came up regarding cars.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Any upgrade injectors available for the VR V6? Also if yes would it be worth it, better economy or increase in power? BTW what does POWA mean? I Googled it and nothing came up regarding cars.
He means powahhhh..

Yes slightly better fuel economy and smoother running. Won’t get any extra power unless your injectors are too small (stock ones are adequate for your setup). Barely enough to notice though, and require a return. Since you’ve just shelled out for a memcal, the cost of changing to later style injectors along with memcal recalibration just isn’t worth it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That was gonna be my next question. Was wondering if they would need a different tune to operate the new injectors properly. I believe the new tune was already set to maximise the stock injectors, among other things. I assume an injector upgrade would mostly suit a fairly performance modded engine, to see real benefits?? My V6 is running sweet so should probably leave it as is anyway until I fit the Pacies at least..... What do they say?? If it aint broke then don't try to fix it....:):):)

MACE

Reaction score
I can understand why it would be very tempting for some people to take up such options (parts in general), especially when there are a number of sellers out there with absolutely no conscious and that sell knock-off items as 'genuine' at rock bottom prices. However, if the price is too good to be true from a sketchy seller, then it probably is.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Those Bosch "big green" 42lbs injectors are probably the most widely copied injectors on the market...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I beleave my VS 6 can be upgraded to VT is that right?