Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wider wheels on VE SS ute

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
whatever you think you cant fit, someone has done before.

All you need is a hammer, some camber and a disregard for rear guards :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I should just let people know if you are going to go 10's on the front i would be going about et37 i know our 10" wheel wheel at et42 hits the strut and we made it just clear with a 5mm spacer...

ENVY 1T

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve ssv manual
you should just look at staggered wheels. then no worry about rubbing on the front.

Thx ducker, I thought so but the tyre shop said rubbing would be the issue on the front.

ENVY 1T

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve ssv manual
my local tyre shop told me that 20x9 or even 9.5 with 275 tyres wouldn't scrub as long as the cars not lowered.

He has and the tyre shop said 9.5s will rub and that's why he posted here. I stated HSV wheel specs and a link to what offset/tyre are needed for 10s to fit safely

54VVA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE thunder Ute
hey guys,

looking at buying 19x9.5 30 offset all round. has anyone fitted this before and does anyone know the work required to fit these wheels. will be running a 245/40R19 tyre and am lowered on coilovers.
i am assuming the rear guard will just need to be rolled?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
hey guys,

looking at buying 19x9.5 30 offset all round. has anyone fitted this before and does anyone know the work required to fit these wheels. will be running a 245/40R19 tyre and am lowered on coilovers.
i am assuming the rear guard will just need to be rolled?

2 degree's front camber or they'll poke out of the guards and a rear guard roll is needed too.

everything else is fine

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I've got Clubsport wheels on my SS-V Ute running the factory sized rubber... Looks like it was ment to come that way :)

For reference, the VF SS-V Redlines now come with the staggered off set running the 275 wide rears.

AZ_SS_WAGON

Reaction score
Hey Mate I'm running 20 x 10" rear with 275 tyres and 20 x 9 front and it's been lowered don't have any dramas after got guards rolled.