Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wierd noise(help quick need car for next week)

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
fin oil? haha.... do you mean THIN oil? probably not.. I'd say your alternator or idler pulley needs new bearings. Mine made a spinning taktaktaktak noise when the bearing went in the air con pulley.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
hahaha i had one of them "i have no idea how to spell a easy word" moments haha
and yeah im still going with the alternater idea but thought THIN!! oil might have had some kind of effect

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Get all your engine pulleys replaced sounds like they are all stuffed.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
sooooooooooo today i had to drive it and it started up bad but then ran fine, then stoped it and started it again and was still dodgy and then took it to a machinic for a quick look, i started it so he could hear it, then he told me to stop it and pop the hood and start it again, so i did and he looked and said he wasnt sure and wouldnt be able to do anything or be sure until wendsday, so i stopped it while we were talking and when i went to leave it wouldnt kick over and smoke started coming out :O i think its the starter moter and thats what he said so i just left it there(didnt really have a bloody choice) and he said he will look at it and try to do something tomorrow with it

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Be careful mate I have the same car as you and mine made the same noise,I had all the pulleys changed,water pump changed,cas changed,coil pack changed etc because the mechanic thought it was one thing I put it on the car still went rough,then he told me it was this then that and $2500 later it finally goes great.When the real problem was the coil pack.So make sure that he gets it right the first time otherwise it will cost you like it cost me.For me the way I look at it now is that I have all new running gear on the motor.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
well the result is that 3 pullies got replace(which was the noise the car was making while driving) and the problem with it starting was the starter moter, it sucks they both happened pretty much at the same time, but yeah all fixed now...