Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wierd noise PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

fatbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt-1
hey all i have a vn v6 bt-1 ex cop car it has a chip,computer,custom exhaust,k&n racing pod filter and recently i shaved the lil butterfly flap down in the throttle boddy about half a mm my problem is yesterday to prove my point and hava laugh i raced a diatsu charade and ford lazer (please dont ask silly i know) after whipping them both sideways twice with whel spin i decided i had enough so i parked it its then i relised a noise coming from my head (sounds like tappets but i could be wrong) i topped up the oil and added engine and tapped tune up cleaner it has softened the knocking noise a little but its still there when i drive it isnt really bad but when the stock auto box tried to change gears(its worn to the **** house and slips if i punch it hard) i can hear the noise clearly i had a look at it and made sure all oils were topped up my gearbox has a leak some where but the noise sounds like its coming from the head like tapped slap or something any help would be muchly appreciated this is my 3rd vn i dropped the bottom bearing in my first (no oil) and my second was ripped off and burnt 1 day after fitting big $$$ worth of mods i dont want to send this to the grave yet but i also dont wanna fork out 2grand to have a pecker head have a look at it thanks in advance

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Did they teach you anything about full stops, spaces, and capital letters in English lessons?

lmao...yeah, its a bit hard to understand all that huh.

but as for the problem...if i understood correctly what was being said, i think the noise may be from the lifters sticking. they cause a sound like you discribed fatbt1. the fact that the noise quitened with an oil top up further convinces me its something along those lines.

mag 87

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 2 vt wagon
take your rocker covers off and have a look closely and if your starting to get a grunge build up around your valve stems spray a bit of wd on em and that might help the **** fall off... just remember to clean it up so it doesnt go down to the galleries and clog them up!