Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wierd ve problem

programer

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
Hi All
new to the forums finding them great info, anyway to the problem. got my ve a week ago went for a road trip as you do. Half way on my trip the esc light comes up by itself saying its turned off didnt hit anything or touch the switch. everytime i hit the the switch the light stays on and display say esp off.

no fault codes
tech2 says everything on and working but light and display says that its off

it has been @ the dealers for repair for 2 days now and they are scratching their heads

has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it fixed

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
not exactly the same.

my car did have a 'hiccup' about 4,000km in though.
went to start car but it wouldnt. ESC light and fault code came up and basically shat myself thinking what the hell is wrong?!?
no matter what I tried, it couldnt kick over. engine entered into a reduced power safety mode and then I really got scared.

rang up for holden service cursing under my breath that my new car wasnt working right, and organised a road side service.
frustrated, i tried the following and it worked!

sit in drivers seat. take keys out of ignition and lock car while sitting there pressing lock button twice. wait 5min touch nothing, then unlock car and start it up (pausing ignition sequence system safety check is complete).
to my amazement she started up and hasnt given me a problem since!

took car to dealer the following day for just in case check up, and they informed me that the ESC sometimes has a 'hiccup' and will sometimes playup causing either start up issues or false lightup in display.
it happened once and gave me a fright... and that's it. they said if it happens again to come back and they'll look into it further, but as of yet she's been fine.

i realise dealer is looking into it for you and our problems arent the same, but in my situation it pretty much fixed itself.

my theory is that its got something to do with stability control and the immobilizer getting confused or something, because the issue resolved itselt once the car was allowed to enter its security mode upon locking.
obviously your car has been locked and unlocked over the last few days, but i think the fault has less to do with the actual stability control system, and more to do with the car security.

you say that the esc light came on half way during trip? was it during actual driving, or did you notice it after getting back on the road after a stop?

programer

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
while driving the light come up...................holden will need it a third day they recon they now know what the problem is but havent fixed it..................see what happens will be asking for a full report but doubt if i will get one.

rbrash10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
ive had the same thing happen to mine aswell... Cruising on the freeway it come on the display... I just pressed the button and it says ESP off and I pressed the button again and it turned itself back on... Weird

programer

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
unfortunately mine wouldnotturn back on looking to pick it up around lunchtime will give an update then

programer

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
well got the car back the fault has gone the repair was upgrading the software to my09 not my08 wichis the latest release the car isdiffrentfrom the change gerbox seems to change better being auto will have tosee how it all goes over the weekend.
Will post full report over weekend with software versions etc

Trogen86

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 ve berlina v6
Hy mate. I had the esc issue after I had aftermarket gas put in. It happened two weeks after the
installation. I took it back, the retuned the system because the cars computer was trying to alter
the fuel system. Ezygas put in a better gas computer which talks to the cars computer and i haven't had any problems
since.
In my inexperienced opinion. If there is any issue with the engine, regardless of how small. The car turns off
ESP until the issue is fixed.