Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WIFI Apple or Android Carplay

iZ_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais ZB Tourer
For anyone wanting to turn their Android Auto from wired to wireless, there are a couple of options in the market.

AAWireless on Indiegogo
or
Motorola MA1 - this just launched. Will be available soon on Amazon and it's the best option, since it's certificate by Google.

Cheers!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
aawireless for android works perfectly, i have had mine for a few months now and it just works.

they will be moving off indiegogo soon to a dedicated product site.

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
aawireless for android works perfectly, i have had mine for a few months now and it just works.

they will be moving off indiegogo soon to a dedicated product site.

[/URL]
I just received mine today and cannot get it working. Have you got any tips as the Android Auto does not come on screen during setup?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I just received mine today and cannot get it working. Have you got any tips as the Android Auto does not come on screen during setup?

just plug it into the usb port and pair your phone to it and it should start up.
you may need to update android auto on the phone.

during the first setup it may say continue setup on the headunit and you might need to click android auto on the headunits menu.

it could also need a firmware update which is what this app is for

once connected you use OTA update and it should guide you through the update process.

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
just plug it into the usb port and pair your phone to it and it should start up.
you may need to update android auto on the phone.

during the first setup it may say continue setup on the headunit and you might need to click android auto on the headunits menu.

it could also need a firmware update which is what this app is for
[/URL]

once connected you use OTA update and it should guide you through the update process.
I get to the part where it says update android auto on screen but it is not being displayed on screen.
It sits there for ages doing nothing.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I get to the part where it says update android auto on screen but it is not being displayed on screen.
It sits there for ages doing nothing.

if you had it cable connected before aawireless you might need to go into the android auto "app" settings and clear the app data(storage)
Settings.jpg

also in the android auto settings enable wireless
Android-Auto.jpg

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Hi Stooge, I have tried all those steps. When it says using android auto on the screen to finish setup, I have no android auto on the screen. The only way I can AA on he screen is via the USB cable.
Do you know how i disconnect the head unit from the bluetooth on my phone?
Do I have to un pair all devices and start again?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Go into the connection settings on your phone then bluetooth and unpair/delete the myholden / mylink device.

Try a different usb cable to the aawireless box if the problem persists.
I use a short 20cm cable on mine.

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Go into the connection settings on your phone then bluetooth and unpair/delete the myholden / mylink device.

Try a different usb cable to the aawireless box if the problem persists.
I use a short 20cm cable on mine.
Thanks Stooge, I will grab a new cable today and try again. I have read though all the websites I can find and have tried everything else.
Will let you know how I go.
Your car is an ZB RS? with standard radio?

robdre09

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 RS ZB V6
Hi guys, I was an early purchaser of the aawireless device made by Emil on xda forums. Works perfectly on my ZB commodore 2018 after tweaking a few settings within the app - constant and consistent wireless android auto working without disconnections, very happy.
Have you got those tweaks handy. I received mine yesterday and it wont progress past "Finish settings on Android Auto on you screen, Andraoid Auto wont show on screen with AAwireless, only if i use the USB cable..any thoughts